Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Bagless Vacuum Cleaner

Options
  • 25-06-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    About 9 months ago I bought a bagless upright vacuum cleaner in Aldi.
    It worked perfectly for ages but lately it has been overheating and cutting out because of a blocked filter. Usually we just removed the filter and ran it under some water and cleaned it with an old toothbrush but now it will just keep cutting out. I think it's time to actually replace the filter.

And therein lies the problem, I cannot find a replacement anywhere.
    The vacuum is a Delta.
    The filter is a conical shaped one that sits on top of a round pillar in the middle of the dust container.
    At the moment it got so bad that we're using it without the filter. It works like it was new but there must be a downside to this, as they wouldn't put it the filter there for no reason!

Anyway, if anybody knows the consequences of doing this or maybe where I could get a new filter for it (already tried Quinnspares & Exsparetise), that would be great

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Using the vacuum cleaner without the filter will allow dust to get into the motor, and eventually the motor will become clogged and burn out.

Try the spare parts centre, 9 North Frederick Street, D1

If filters aren't available i would return the vacuum and ask for a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Have a look here http://www.needonenow.co.uk/appliance-search.html?model=Aldi+1400
    Otherwise check the manual for a manufacturer's phone no. or website

brian_rbk wrote:
    Using the vacuum cleaner without the filter will allow dust to get into the motor, and eventually the motor will become clogged and burn out.

Try the spare parts centre, 9 North Frederick Street, D1

If filters aren't available i would return the vacuum and ask for a refund

There is another smaller foam filter between the missing one and the motor. Though it's probably not as effective

morgana wrote:
    Have a look here http://www.needonenow.co.uk/applianc...odel=Aldi+1400
    Otherwise check the manual for a manufacturer's phone no. or website

Tried that site.....no luck.
    No website for Delta either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

New cylonic bagless vaccum in tesco = €52

Cheapest solution.

PS I'll give you €20 euro for your delta hoover as is, if you can deliver it ?

• Advertisement

Sorry Xterminator
    As you can see from my sig, I'm in either Galway or Enniscorthy and a bit too far away to be delivering, sorry.
    Anyways, I'm gonna hold on to the Delta and ask a guy in town about replacement filters.
    Cheers anyway

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe try contacting Unifit..

http://www.unifit.com/finder.cfm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 grumpygrandpa

Try the following tel. nr. UK N Ireland 01909517672 - Rep. Ireland 0188 44000. Hope this helps.
    hamsterboy wrote: »
    Hi All
    About 9 months ago I bought a bagless upright vacuum cleaner in Aldi.
    It worked perfectly for ages but lately it has been overheating and cutting out because of a blocked filter. Usually we just removed the filter and ran it under some water and cleaned it with an old toothbrush but now it will just keep cutting out. I think it's time to actually replace the filter.

And therein lies the problem, I cannot find a replacement anywhere.
    The vacuum is a Delta.
    The filter is a conical shaped one that sits on top of a round pillar in the middle of the dust container.
    At the moment it got so bad that we're using it without the filter. It works like it was new but there must be a downside to this, as they wouldn't put it the filter there for no reason!

Anyway, if anybody knows the consequences of doing this or maybe where I could get a new filter for it (already tried Quinnspares & Exsparetise), that would be great

Cheers

Advertisement