Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Fishing Outside Cork City - Where?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

hey OP have you had any luck? or has the rain put a kibosh on your outings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Just to revive this old thread - I have been trying to catch mackerel over the past few weeks but haven't had any luck yet. I have tried Roches Point 3 times (very snaggy and hard to fish if its not high tide), and Crosshaven but have yet to catch a mack.

Has anyone caught any mackerel yet this year from Cork shores and if so where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've seen people with small numbers in Cobh off the deepwater quay, but I don't think there's much yet.
    My uncle said there's plenty being caught off the pier in Schull, but that might be a bit far.

I'd have have caught loads of them had the fishermen not blockaded the harbour the one day of the year I book a fishing trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

there are a few around off the pier in cobh at the moment, spinners seem to work better than the feathers for some reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

shanagarry/garryvoe beach,when the tide is out u can go out onto the rocks and fish,but be very very careful,the tide tends to cum in very fast and before you know it you have water all round you and your trapped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nohoval fishing

Lads, Nohoval cove is ok but very often there are alot of swimmers, divers and so on and as space is very limited fishing usually doesnt work,

Rocky bay is good for bass which is just over the road east of nohoval cove.

also in the opposite direction, other side of nohoval village, there are several spots for mackeral and pollock, hard to find but locals would direct you from the village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nohoval fishing

jArgHA wrote: »
    Just to revive this old thread - I have been trying to catch mackerel over the past few weeks but haven't had any luck yet. I have tried Roches Point 3 times (very snaggy and hard to fish if its not high tide), and Crosshaven but have yet to catch a mack.

Has anyone caught any mackerel yet this year from Cork shores and if so where?

caught 27 mackeral last night in nohoval, 4 bass the other day in rocky bay! but your right, june wasnt great at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

mawk wrote: »
    yeah thats joe, good skipper. and a real fancy pants boat. were you on the new one? the big twin hulled cat? its a lovely boat. like fishing off a pier.

does anyone know whats catchable from hulbowline? im thinking of spending a day down there cause in the back of my head i remember a cfb map that said there are stingrays down there but i cant find the map now.

blinky.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

If you want a really cool isolated spot the black head is great, its on the way to the old head of kinsale . If you want i can give you the location on google maps

Advertisement