Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamboo poles

Options
  • 25-06-2007 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Does anybody know where i can get Bamboo poles with a 30mm - 40mm diameter? I would like to get the dyed green ones but if not any will do.

thanks in advance
    freddie

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

try your local garden centre and they should have them....

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Thought Id resurect this thread instead of starting a new one. I was looking for bamboo a bit thicker than that which you find in garden centres. Say about 2 inches thick. Anyone know where id pick something like that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭freddie

I have seen the wider ones (maybe about 3 or 4 inches) in B&Q liffy valley. That was a couple of months ago now so not sure if they are still there.

Cheers, Ill give them a go

Hmmm... They dont have any thick ones left really. What im looking for is a hollow wooden pipe or branch about 2 inches in diameter to blow into a camp fire with. I dont really wanna use copper or plastic. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭freddie

Well Bamboo isn't hollow, it is divided into hollow sections, so that wouldn't work. your looking for a didgeridoo! You could have a look in hardware shops for those tall garden lanterns, they use about 2" bamboo and you may be able to poke the dividing sections out with a sharp rod?

freddie wrote: »
    I have seen the wider ones (maybe about 3 or 4 inches) in B&Q liffy valley. That was a couple of months ago now so not sure if they are still there.

I got some of a variety of widths up to 3 inches in Liffey Valley B&Q. The larger ones are hollow but the smaller ones have a pit inside. Many thanks again

Advertisement