Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Montoya wins!

• 25-06-2007 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭

See here. Anybody else watching this? Great race with proper nail-biting finish. Now he needs to start winning on ovals to piss some rednecks off!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Dead Ed wrote:
    See here. Anybody else watching this? Great race with proper nail-biting finish. Now he needs to start winning on ovals to piss some rednecks off!

Thats funny---- piss some red necks off.

Jesus, i watched some races this year, i see in the last race he was out early. He seemed to finish in 10th place in most races.

It is not possible to watch all those races. pity i missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

TBH the general concensus (sp?) is that Montoya is welcome in NASCAR, and Toyota are winning hearts too.

I was working at the other NASCAR races (Busch\CTS) at the Milwaukee Mile this weekend, ill post some piccies later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Well it can't do the worldwide image of the sport too much harm and the paddock seems to be reasonably laid back so there'd be no reason for hostility towards any outside competitors. The redneck thing was a joke lads!

Edit: I'm wondering about this whole "car of tomorrow" thing. Does that mean the only thing built by the auto manufacturers is the engine and the bodywork, seeing as the chassis seems to be standardised? I'm confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

TBH, I think most of the people in the paddock are confused on the COT! The main reason for introducing it was safety, but also to save costs. Currently the top teams have three or four very different cars for different circuits per driver. A Daytona car is quite different to Miami and Dove r is different again. COT is the same car, naturally the setup will be very different, but its the same frame and body,

The bodywork can either be made by the team, or bought. A lot of teams fabricate or handmake their own parts. NASCAR have templates that the car passes through in tech inspection to ensure all is within tolerance. Thats where the fun starts.

Engines wise, like in F1 its usually funded and badged by a manufacturer but tuned and developed by an engine builder of the teams choice or they may have an in-house dept.

Advertisement