Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CyberCafe in Letterkenny?

Options
  • 25-06-2007 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Any good Cyber Cafes in Letterkenny?

The one I've used for ages seems to have closed up shop (while I was out of town for a couple of weeks, Sheesh!) and the ones I've tried since are painfully slow or subject to repeated hardware problems.

What are my options? How many CCs in the town anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Have you tried the one at the four lanterns in the courtyard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

Any good Cyber Cafes in Letterkenny?

The one I've used for ages seems to have closed up shop (while I was out of town for a couple of weeks, Sheesh!) and the ones I've tried since are painfully slow or subject to repeated hardware problems.

What are my options? How many CCs in the town anyway?

i know the one you're referring to..<SNIP> and the owner hasn't been seen in months.AFAIK the place only made 50-60 euro a day, while the rent would be 1500 a month..you do the math, and ask yourself what was the cafe really for in the first place?

if you want a clue, check out this site here

i know the one you're referring to.<SNIP> and the owner hasn't been seen in months.AFAIK the place only made 50-60 euro a day, while the rent would be 1500 a month..you do the math, and ask yourself what was the cafe really for in the first place?

Jaysus Joe, pm me the gory details.:D

i don't know, honestly! but i think its highly strange a business exists without any profits, which would be the case if what i heard is true.
    so i done a search on the place, and found out about the petrovesco site.

Ahhhhhh. Say no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tread carefully when mentioning a business by name whether it be opened or closed.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Chartbusters on Pearse Rd have internet access PC's available now too. I think it's cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Chartbusters is pretty good, webcams and stuff, one euro per hour aswell.

I do not know the rates for the computers in the 4lites, Chartbusters is my favourite place. Is that one next to Milan closed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

i don't know, honestly! but i think its highly strange a business exists without any profits, which would be the case if what i heard is true.
    so i done a search on the place, and found out about the petrovesco site.

I can see what you are getting at, but if they are making a big loss and are only renting the place, where's the conspiracy? Bad business decision maybe :D

I think with the overdevelopment of the town we are going to see more of this.

That's my seasoned opinion. :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Seanies32 wrote:
    I can see what you are getting at, but if they are making a big loss and are only renting the place, where's the conspiracy? Bad business decision maybe

I think with the overdevelopment of the town we are going to see more of this.

That's my seasoned opinion.

huh, did you look at the site? i tried to research those companies mentioned, they never existed, EVER..look it up, you'll see.
    they were fabricated for whatever purpose the site was setup for.

i don't understand why somebody would run a business for so long if its making an actual loss.

OK, i'm assuming they made a loss based on the number of clients the shop would get each day.
    If only 50-60 people at most go in..and thats probably on a good day..a VERY GOOD day, remember, there were only 9-10 computers, and that was on a good day too!

Opened 7 days a week, 7x60 = 420x4 = 1680

pay the rent, 180 euro made..so the staff work for 180 euro a month?
    what about paying other bills too..i've been told i'm paranoid :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah, I can see they couldn't possibly make money. It's the why that you are getting at?

Have my suspicions as it was an internet cafe?

PM me sure if I'm on the wrong track.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

i just believe it may have been a front for something else, thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

smashey wrote:
    Have you tried the one at the four lanterns in the courtyard?
    I use that one anytime I'm up in the area it's pretty good, I had the misfortune to use the internet cafe beside Gallaghers hotel (not sure if this is the one refered to above) never used a computer as slow waste of 30 mins got nothing done:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

Thanks for the tips, folks. Much appreciated.

As for the other info...

Wow. I don't really know what's being hinted at, but it certainly proves (once again) that I'm oblivious to pretty much everything going on the the world around me :)

I searched that word, by the way, but I'm not much wiser :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

the one below the four lights chargers a euro for 15 minutes! and there pc's arent the fastest things known to man.

Advertisement