Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Gun Same Cal

Options
  • 25-06-2007 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Whats the story with changing a rifle for the same calibre license wise?
    Its a .223 Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

it should be a case of going in to the local cop shop and asking them to change the details on the license, 5 minute job.

This assumes the new rifle is the same action as the first, i mean if you are going from bolt action to a semi auto then they mightn't swallow that one as easily. Know real reason for this but they may kick up a stink over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jbarry

Thanks for that Vegeta.Seems too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I used the word "should" in there because that's how it works for a lot of us but sometimes they are very cautious and take it very slowly.

If you know the garda who deals with the licenses it shouldn't be a whole lot of bother

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

another "grey" area, like everything to do with guns in this country, a mate of mine wanted to switch an anchuntz .22 for a sako .22 and the feds told him he would have to re apply, brand new application, weeks went by, meanwhile his brother went down to the same station and had his done in 5 minutes, then after about 6 or 7 weeks and many phone calls they told mick to come down and amended it on the spot coz the new application was "lost" how good are theese guys at moving the goal posts??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

when i do mine i just hang on to an old licence that was ammended and bring it as well so if they try and fob you off show them how it was done on an old one,and if you can get a hold of the sarg in charge

• Advertisement
Advertisement