Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom or BT broadband packages?

Options
  • 25-06-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Which all inclusive package is better?

Eircom:

1 MB speed + all national calls included - €55
    2 MB speed + all national calls included - €60

BT:

1 MB speed/2 MB speed/3 MB speed + all national and UK calls €45/€55/€65

On paper BT seems better cheaper for all packages plus with the bonus of UK calls, but which do other people find better?

Which company has a better customer service, which company's products work best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i've found bt's service to be very good for the past 4 or 5 years. the only issue anyone seems to have with bt is their billing department. its located in the monkey enclosure of dublin zoo.

an example of something that happens a lot is you won't get a bill for a year and then they try to take it all at once.

as long as you look at your bills when they come in and make sure they send them in the first place you should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Demonique wrote:
    Which company has a better customer service, which company's products work best?

I have broadband with eircom and have never had any billing issue's. I called there technical department twice and both times found ther customer service and tone and manner very bad and un-helpful, lucky for me it was fixed asap and have not had to callback since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

no idea where you live but magnet have some very competitive packages for phone + broadband in the dublin area.

they are great to deal with (unlike eircom) and don't have a god complex (unlike eircom who billed me for a period before I had the phoneline installed and refused to acknowledge the mistake)

Advertisement