Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom & BT's b'band line checker

Options
  • 25-06-2007 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭

Y'know the section of eircom's home page where you enter your 'phone number to see if you can get b'band?
    Well I got the reply that says "We are unable to determine if your line is suitable, we must carry out futher checks blah blah..." (it was actually for someone else's line; they asked me to check it for them).
    Then it takes you to the page where you order it.
    I don't know what happens after that as I clicked off 'cause I have no intention of ordering something before I know if I can get it.
    Knowing Eircom it would probably take them ages to carry out these "checks" so I would rather pursue other alternatives.
    If you order it and the checks they do come back negative then you have wasted your time.
    The thing is I entered the same 'phone number into the line checker on BT's site and it came back as negative;"you can't get b'band".
    Which one is right?
    I don't understand why on Eircom's site they can't tell you if you can get it or not and have to carry out "tests".
    It's annoying because when someone who is not computer-literate asks me to check their line and when I do and then I can't tell them "Yes" or "No" they tend not to bother with it after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The Eircom line checker always gives the "We are unable to determine if your line is suitable" result when it's down or some other problem with it. The BT checker shows a fail because it cannot access the Eircom database either.
    Leave it a while and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I feel your pain. My line passed the main test in that pop-up windows on their site. When I logged in and went to order online, however, I was told was line had failed. In the end, I ordered it on the phone and pushed for the deal that was available at the time for ordering online. It all worked out. Do keep checking.

Advertisement