Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening Gift for baby boy

Options
  • 25-06-2007 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi all, am going to a christening this weekend and would like to buy a meaningful, not useless present for a baby boy. Budget €50-100. Not interested in silver this or bronzed that, want something kind of practical but luxury. Otherwise will end up just putting money in the card, and don't just want to do that, and already bought him clothes when he was born a few months ago. So all parents out there, whats the best thing to receive as a gift?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Someone gave my DD a set of coins fromthe year she was born in (Central bank do these E20-30), I thought that was lovely. Also a very useful pressie if the parents are in Dublin/Cork is a family membership to zoo - great days out for the littlies!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 winnie29

We received some prize bonds when our children were christened. www.prizebonds.ie We have also won some money on these and can cash them in whenever it suits. Also got a beautiful wooden box (made from myrtle wood) which my husband uses now to keep his cufflinks etc in and will pass on to out son when he is old enough to appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭norm

what about a tree or a plant. www.trees.ie have some really nice ones, something a bit different.
    hth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

For both our children most people bought clothes - and most bought clothes for 6 months and over. Always welcome gifts. Babies grow out of clothes so quickly that having bigger clothes lined up is always a good thing.

But maybe you want something that can be more of a keepsake. How about getting vouchers for a professional photographer?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

the photographer voucher is a good idea ,or another thing i would have loved to have when mine were born was to get a casting done in clay and framed of their feet or hands....
    it captures the child at the given stage forever and its a lovely keepsake to have.

it costs around 120euro...so it is a luxury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

One of the gifts my Nephew received for his Christening was a wooden chair engraved with his name and the date of his Christening. It was an unusual gift but a very practical one- my nephew is 2 now and uses it all the time. Even now visitors to my sister's house comment on what a unique gift it was.

Advertisement