Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching operators

• 25-06-2007 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hi sorry if this has been asked many times before but I find the search on boards next to useless.

I am currently with 02 (pas as you go) but get awful coverage in my area.
    How would I switch to vodafone and keep my current number.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

go into a vodafone shop or resller and tell them you want to do that. they'll move your phone number from o2 onto a new vodafone sim card and copy your phone book over to the sim as well. you lose any credit you have on o2 and the process takes 2 hours.

make sure your phone is unlocked, ie that it can accept a vodafone sim. if its a nokia someone here can probably unlock it for you for free, alternatively call o2 and ask for the code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks for the advice. Exactly what I needed to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Make sure you ask them to copy your contact numbers over - some just can't be bothered!

I did the contact thing myself on the phone.
    I just switched earlier today and it only took 2 mins. I can make and recieve calls no problem. But can't send texts. Will this start working soon or much I do something?

tuxy wrote:
    I did the contact thing myself on the phone.
    I just switched earlier today and it only took 2 mins. I can make and recieve calls no problem. But can't send texts. Will this start working soon or much I do something?
    what does it say when you try to send one? can you receive them? the first port of call is to ring them and make sure you're provisioned for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Check message settings and message centre number. If you are now on Vodafone, it should read +35387699989

Yup the new sim chnaged that for me. Still not working. :(

tuxy wrote:
    Yup the new sim chnaged that for me. Still not working. :(
    have you called them? 1850 20 87 87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Also try turning your phone off and on again if you've not done so since the port started working - the port doesn't always go through correctly until you do that.

Advertisement