Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How dense is brian?

Options
  • 25-06-2007 6:56pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭

He has never heard of shakspeare or Romeo & Juliet, He seemingly believes that Wales doesent have electricity and that Irish people use a hole of sand instead of a toilet, i mean he even seems to like Charlie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've never seen anyone that stupid before. I mean, to never have heard of Shakespeare or Romeo and Juliet. Has the chap been living in a cave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Whilst I can believe there are people who have never read Romeo & Juliet, never heard of Romeo & Juliet, don't know that Romeo & Juliet was a play by William Shakespeare or can't even name a play by William Shakespeare I refuse point blank to believe there is a person who has had an full education in a UK school that hasn't at least 'heard' of William Shakespeare as yer man Brian claims.

I'd suspect Brian was deliberately feigning ignorance (ala Jade Goodyear and her famous bit about "east Angular") in order or to get himself a few column inches in the rags as "the guy who doesn't know who Shakespeare is".

Either that he or he was just playing dumb "to be cool". A psuedo-idiot if you will in the way children between the age of 12 and about 17 will do (tho he is a bit old even for that).

Final option is he was just bored and said it to make conversation. This could be the most likely explaination as I could imagine going thru life as Brian could frequently become tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

There are very few people who believe he was serious. Personally his eyes lied when he pretended not to know.
    His attempt at whatever he was trying to do failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Just caught a bit of the edited show last night - did he say he wet himself?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

^^ Yeah he drank too much cider before bed and p1ssed the bed in the caravan... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Yeah, asking who that 'geezer' shakesphere was was a bit thick! i think hes playing it up to the camera, no-one wouldnt know who shakesphere was!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

He wet himself!!!
    Just as i switched on last nite, Charly was on about how she caught him havin a wee tug and he was denying it or saying he was only pretend pulling to freak her out. Surely this man couldn't have wet the bed and masturbated in one night in front of the viewing millions. Thats top drawer entertainment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

he is a freak! he id deffinetaly putting it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

I still think he really is just incredibly dumb. It seems too real and too sincere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Answer: Only 1/2 as dense as people who watch the show.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote:
    Answer: Only 1/2 as dense as people who watch the show.

Why come into the Forum if you don't like it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I never said I didn't watch big brother or even that I dislike it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

tuxy wrote:
    I never said I didn't watch big brother or even that I dislike it.

So you consider yourself to be dense?! Brave person to admit it!;)

Personally, I like Brian - reminds me of Helen on Big Brother years ago who gave us classics like I love blinking I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

I like Brian in the Diary Room. I think he's very funny, but to wet the bed is a bit scary. I think he was having us on saying he doesn't know who shakespeare was. Not even Jade was that bad :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It's an act, it has too be, he comes across as almost a bit simple. These days all BB contestants are in it for the media attention/career opportunity. Just look at the talk of rap parties, eviction outfits etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I thought the Shakespeare thing was a really obvious ploy to act stupid.

But would you really wet the bed on purpose?! His odds of winning tumbled after that, it's pretty disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

When he started shouting at Charley and Billy tbh I just cringed for a bit.. I feel like he's kind of lost credibility in the house after bedgate*.. I could be wrong.. But I could see Charley laughing as if to say "wtf is he at?!" and I was waiting for her to say something smart to him about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

I actually liked him shouting at Charley and Brian....a lot of what he said was true and it must be awful living with people who constantly scream at each other.

I saw Charley laughing alright, I didn't like that, I was hoping she would say something to him so he'd fly at her...but she didn't :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement