Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with croatia

• 25-06-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Group of 8 going to croatia at the start of an inter-railing trip. Flight arrives in dubrovnik at 21.30 and we have the 1st night accommodation booked. Want to head north west from there, following the coast and doing some island hopping.

So far we have dubrovnik - split - hvar - brac - rejika. allowing 11 days for these, with hopefully a few random islands thrown in too.

Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations? Hostels, campsites, beaches, must see places etc...

Also, a question about camping. We have this vision of camping on beaches, but is this allowed/feasible/safe? or are there many campsites in croatia?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

we planned on staying on beaches when in france and northern spain and I asked on other forums about camping on beaches (in Ireland id camp on a beach every summer) and people said it couldnt be done, in some places authorities might move you on, other places people said it would be too dangerous, and beaches would be fumm of junkies, im not sure what the situation in for croatia tho, going there this summer myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Yeah thats what i was afraid of, just need someone to say if its a valid fear. Found some cool looking campsites on www.dubrovnik-area.com which seem to be on beaches so they might do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

cheers they look fairly cheap as well under €5 a night, the only thing is they all look a little bit out of the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

ah yeah, but sure thats the attraction for me! a bit of island hopping...bit of an adventure, you know yourself!! ;)

Advertisement