Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virus Help Required

• 25-06-2007 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all,
    hopefully i can get some help from you guys here. I have been getting an awful lot of alert messages from my router regarding attampts to gain access to my routers and network. This is particularly worrying seeing as it only happened the day after i set up the alert system. I expect it has been happening for a while but i know of it now since the alerts.

Anyway to continue...These alerts read as follows:

"Your router has detected and protected you against an attempt to gain access to your network. This may have been an attempted hacker intrusion, or perhaps just your Internet Service Provider doing routine network maintenance.
    Most of these network probes are nothing to be worried about - these types of random probes should NOT be reported, but you may want to report repeated intrusions attempts. Save this email for comparison with future alert messages.
    Your router Alert Information

Time: 06/25/2007, 17:25:49
    Source: 0.0.0.0, 0
    Destination:207.7.149.50, 80"

and

"Your router has detected and protected you against an attempt to gain access to your network. This may have been an attempted hacker intrusion, or perhaps just your Internet Service Provider doing routine network maintenance.
    Most of these network probes are nothing to be worried about - these types of random probes should NOT be reported, but you may want to report repeated intrusions attempts. Save this email for comparison with future alert messages.
    Your router Alert Information

Time: 06/25/2007, 19:00:19
    Source: 192.168.2.116, 2806
    Destination:74.53.120.18, 80 (from PPPoE1 Outbound"

I spent the entire night last night running anti spyware and virus checkers but i am still suffering major packet loss and more alerts today. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the cause or perphaps have some suggestions for remedy.

Thanks,
    Digiworld.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hi all,
    i set up the alert system. I expect it has been happening for a while but i know of it now since the alerts.

What type of Alert System did you setup? What's it called?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

If i am reading it right, the source is internal and the destination external.

Both of those destination IP address are not blacklisted anywhere so unlikely to be spyware.

In fact the second one belongs to bebo.com

I have a feeling that the alert system is not set up correctly, or is too sensitive.

Both of those destination IP address are not blacklisted anywhere so unlikely to be spyware.

In fact the second one belongs to bebo.com

I have a feeling that the alert system is not set up correctly, or is too sensitive.

Shane, do you have a link for a site that will tell you if a certain IP is blacklisted or not?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Cheers...;)

-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 digiworld.ie

The alert system is built into my 3com Office Connect router which notifies me of any intrusion attempts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 digiworld.ie

Also, to go a little further on it, i ran NOD32 on the machines and it did find some infected files on 3 out of 26. I am still getting these alerts and i am getting really concerned. Our internet connection is taking a real pounding and we are suffering major packet loss.

Richard
    www.digiworld.ie

Well,
    from your first post the router is reporting that it has blocked these attempts?

That would indicate that it's doing it's job?

Aside from the router, what independent Firewall are you using?

Maybe the people over on "Networking & Com's" would be able to advise you a little better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Try this

Please download the self-extracting version of HijackThis from here:

HijackThis_sfx download

Save HijackThis_sfx to your desktop.

Double-click the file then click the Unzip button. Then close the Self-Extractor window.

Using My Computer/Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\HijackThis and double click on HijackThis.exe to run it. If you would like to make a shortcut for your Desktop so it's more easily accessable, right click HijackThis.exe and choose Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).

Please run the extracted HijackThis.exe from now on. Delete any copies of HijackThis.zip that you have saved.

Open HijackThis and click Do a system scan and save a log file. Copy the entire contents of that log and post it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Maybe someone is playing with packets with scapy or some other tool , amking the traffic appear like its coming from inside

• Advertisement

Also, to go a little further on it, i ran NOD32 on the machines and it did find some infected files on 3 out of 26. I am still getting these alerts and i am getting really concerned. Our internet connection is taking a real pounding and we are suffering major packet loss.

Richard
    www.digiworld.ie

Are all the alerts showing the same source IP address?

Using the same ports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Hey ActorSeeksJob - Hijack Log file as requested

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 10:52:57, on 07/07/2007
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SkyTel.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ICO.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\Wireless Switch Setting Utility\Switcher.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
    C:\Program Files\Utimaco\SafeGuard PrivateDisk\pdservice.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 4.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
    C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtMng.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Samsung\Digimax Viewer 2.1\STImgBrowser.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosA2dp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHid.exe
    C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHsp.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSec.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\VProSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpngui.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\tosOBEX.exe
    C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\tosBtProc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
    C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ie/
    O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AzMixerSel] C:\Program Files\Realtek\InstallShield\AzMixerSel.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mouse Suite 98 Daemon] ICO.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EOUApp] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonyPowerCfg] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISBMgr.exe] C:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Switcher.exe] C:\Program Files\Sony\Wireless Switch Setting Utility\Switcher.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Update 2] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe" /Stationary
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDService.exe] C:\Program Files\Utimaco\SafeGuard PrivateDisk\pdservice.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Ghost 10.0] "C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus DX5000 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVE.EXE /FU "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\E_S1355.tmp" /EF "HKLM"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyHunter] C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group\SpyHunter\SpyHunter.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [icq.com] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sgqkyusm.dll",forkonce
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth Manager.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Cisco Systems VPN Client.lnk = C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpngui.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Digimax Viewer 2.1.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.club-vaio.com/en/
    O15 - Trusted Zone: *.sony-europe.com
    O15 - Trusted Zone: *.sonystyle-europe.com
    O15 - Trusted Zone: *.vaio-link.com
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
    O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor V4 (AdobeActiveFileMonitor4.0) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 4.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    O23 - Service: GEARSecurity - GEAR Software - C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSec.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: Image Converter video recording monitor for VAIO Entertainment - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\Image Converter 2\IcVzMon.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\Avlib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Ghost - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\VProSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\Avlib\PACSPTISVR.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\Avlib\SPTISRV.exe
    O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\Avlib\SSScsiSV.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment TV Device Arbitration Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCs\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Event Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="Applications\IntegratedServer\HTTP (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Gateway Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\VmGateway.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Addons\Packages\Mobile\Gateway" /DisplayName="VAIO Media Gateway Server (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Cooporated Initialisation (VCI) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Cooperated Initialisation\VCI_SVC.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment UPnP Client Adapter (Vcsw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Database Service (VzCdbSvc) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment File Import Service (VzFw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe

Before we begin, you should save these instructions in Notepad to your desktop, or print them, for easy reference. Much of our fix will be done in Safe mode, and you will be unable to access this thread at that time. If you have questions at any point, or are unsure of the instructions, feel free to post here and ask for clarification before proceeding.

1. Please re-open HiJackThis and choose do a system scan only. Check the boxes next to ONLY the entries listed below(if present):

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyHunter] C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group\SpyHunter\SpyHunter.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [icq.com] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sgqkyusm.dll",forkonce

2. Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, including browsers, so that nothing other than HijackThis is open, then click Fix Checked. A box will pop up asking you if you wish to fix the selected items. Please choose YES. Once it has fixed them, please exit/close HijackThis.

3. Reboot into Safe Mode by continuously tapping the F8 key as soon as the computer begins to boot. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

4. Please click on Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs(if present):

Enigma Software Group

Please note any other programs that you dont recognize in that list in your next response

5. Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete these folders in bold (if present):

C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group

6. Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete these files in bold (if present):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\sgqkyusm.dll

Click here to use the F-Secure Online Scanner
    • Then click the Start Scanning button below.
    • You should get a notification (bar on top) to install the activeX. Click on it and select to install the ActiveX.
    • Once the ActiveX is installed, you should accept the License terms by clicking OK below to start the scan.
    • In case you are having problems with installing the ActiveX/starting the scan, please read here.
    • Click the Full System Scan button.
    • It will start to download scanner components and databases. This can take a while.
    • The main scan will start.
    • Once the scan finished scanning, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button
    • It could be possible that your firewall gives an alert - allow it, because that's a connection you establish to submit infected files to F-Secure.
    • The cleaning can take a while, so please be patient.
    • Then click the Show report button and copy and paste what's present under results in your next reply.

When you are finished, please reboot the computer normally, and post a new HijackThis log and the F-Secure Online Scanner report here in a reply. Also, please let me know of any problems you may have encountered.

Reports as requested:

Computer name: SONY_VAIO
    Scanning type: Scan system for viruses, rootkits, spyware
    Target: C:\ D:\

Result: 41 malware found
    HTML/IESlice.B@troj (virus)
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\************\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\2TV01S36\MEMEAT[1].HTM (Renamed & Submitted)
    Tracking Cookie (spyware)
    System (Disinfected)
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    System
    Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tiny.id (virus)
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\G5UVKXAB\KCEHC_EICOOC20070702[1] (Renamed & Submitted)
    W32/BHO.dam (virus)
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\5GWBH98D\_JNVM[1] (Submitted)

Statistics
    Scanned:
    Files: 78175
    System: 5765
    Not scanned: 17
    Actions:
    Disinfected: 1
    Renamed: 2
    Deleted: 0
    None: 38
    Submitted: 3
    Files not scanned:
    C:\HIBERFIL.SYS
    C:\PAGEFILE.SYS
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINWIL32.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCPD-LC\SYMLCRST.DLL
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\T71R7DH1\CA89238T
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\T71R7DH1\CAR4E5HB
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\T71R7DH1\TOB_SND_20070616[1]
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\SLE3KTEJ\TOB_SND_20070616[1]
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\S1EV0PMR\KOOCWOLLA_20070601[2]
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\R2HZ1D8A\ADFCOOK[1]
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\HBR5FXJG\CA1KS3TL
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\G5UVKXAB\CA9SAL9F
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\85ER0DA3\CAPDAJCP
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\3V9RNHOG\CAVFQB2T
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\0PKXAZCJ\CALW8FHP
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\******\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\KDLQADDP.EXE

Options
    Scanning engines:
    F-Secure AVP: 7.0.171, 2007-07-07
    F-Secure Blacklight: 1.0.64
    F-Secure Draco: 1.0.35, 0260-23-12
    F-Secure Libra: 2.4.2, 2007-07-05
    F-Secure Orion: 1.2.37, 2007-07-07
    F-Secure Pegasus: 1.19.0, 2007-06-04
    Scanning options:
    Scan defined files: COM EXE SYS OV? BIN SCR DLL SHS HTM HTML HTT VBS JS INF VXD DO? XL? RTF CPL WIZ HTA PP? PWZ P?T MSO PIF . ACM ASP AX CNV CSC DRV INI MDB MPD MPP MPT OBD OBT OCX PCI TLB TSP WBK WBT WPC WSH VWP WML BOO HLP TD0 TT6 MSG ASD JSE VBE WSC CHM EML PRC SHB BAT LNK ANI AVB CEO CMD LSP MAP MHT MIF PDF PHP POT WMF NWS TAR TGZ WSF ZL? {* ZIP JAR ARJ LZH TAR TGZ GZ CAB RAR BZ2 HQX
    Use Advanced heuristics

Hijack This report after Fsecure scan:

Scan saved at 21:12:27, on 08/07/2007

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
    C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ie/
    O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AzMixerSel] C:\Program Files\Realtek\InstallShield\AzMixerSel.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonyPowerCfg] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Switcher.exe] C:\Program Files\Sony\Wireless Switch Setting Utility\Switcher.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Update 2] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe" /Stationary
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDService.exe] C:\Program Files\Utimaco\SafeGuard PrivateDisk\pdservice.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Ghost 10.0] "C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus DX5000 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVE.EXE /FU "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\E_S1355.tmp" /EF "HKLM"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [icq.com] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\tynbcotn.dll",forkonce
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Cisco Systems VPN Client.lnk = C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpngui.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
    O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor V4 (AdobeActiveFileMonitor4.0) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 4.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: Image Converter video recording monitor for VAIO Entertainment - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\Image Converter 2\IcVzMon.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\Avlib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Ghost - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\VProSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\Avlib\PACSPTISVR.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\Avlib\SPTISRV.exe
    O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\Avlib\SSScsiSV.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment TV Device Arbitration Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCs\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Event Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="Applications\IntegratedServer\HTTP (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Gateway Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\VmGateway.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Addons\Packages\Mobile\Gateway" /DisplayName="VAIO Media Gateway Server (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Cooporated Initialisation (VCI) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Cooperated Initialisation\VCI_SVC.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment UPnP Client Adapter (Vcsw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Database Service (VzCdbSvc) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment File Import Service (VzFw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe

Please advise - I still seem to get the odd popup

I know what's giving you the pop ups, seems to be nasty. Do this

Go to this site:
    http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexx.html
    On top you'll find 'Browse'
    Click the browse button and browse to the file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\tynbcotn.dll

Click open.
    Then click the 'Send' button next to it.
    This will scan the file. Please be patient.
    Once scanned, copy and paste the results as well in your next reply.

1. Download this file - combofix.exe
    2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
    3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
    Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

So in your next reply please post the following : the report of that file I asked you to scan, the ComboFix log, and a new HijackThis log.

3 log files as requestes:

Antivirus Version Update Result
    AhnLab-V3 2007.7.7.0 07.09.2007 no virus found
    AntiVir 7.4.0.39 07.09.2007 TR/PSW.Gamania.B
    Authentium 4.93.8 07.07.2007 no virus found
    Avast 4.7.997.0 07.09.2007 no virus found
    AVG 7.5.0.476 07.09.2007 no virus found
    BitDefender 7.2 07.09.2007 Trojan.Vundo.CG
    CAT-QuickHeal 9.00 07.09.2007 no virus found
    ClamAV devel-20070416 07.09.2007 no virus found
    DrWeb 4.33 07.09.2007 Trojan.Virtumod
    eSafe 7.0.15.0 07.08.2007 Suspicious Trojan/Worm
    eTrust-Vet 30.8.3774 07.09.2007 no virus found
    Ewido 4.0 07.09.2007 no virus found
    FileAdvisor 1 07.09.2007 no virus found
    Fortinet 2.91.0.0 07.09.2007 no virus found
    F-Prot 4.3.2.48 07.06.2007 no virus found
    Ikarus T3.1.1.8 07.09.2007 Trojan-PWS.Gamania.B
    Kaspersky 4.0.2.24 07.09.2007 no virus found
    McAfee 5070 07.09.2007 no virus found
    Microsoft 1.2704 07.09.2007 no virus found
    NOD32v2 2386 07.09.2007 no virus found
    Norman 5.80.02 07.09.2007 no virus found
    Panda 9.0.0.4 07.09.2007 Suspicious file
    Sophos 4.19.0 07.06.2007 no virus found
    Sunbelt 2.2.907.0 07.07.2007 VIPRE.Suspicious
    Symantec 10 07.09.2007 no virus found
    TheHacker 6.1.6.144 07.09.2007 no virus found
    VBA32 3.12.0.2 07.08.2007 no virus found
    VirusBuster 4.3.23:9 07.09.2007 no virus found
    Webwasher-Gateway 6.0.1 07.09.2007 Trojan.PSW.Gamania.B

Aditional Information
    File size: 128576 bytes
    MD5: 106f8c56483211820543613bef80263a
    SHA1: 35a72040507458b4ed041978bb215d0af95a11fc
    Sunbelt info: VIPRE.Suspicious is a generic detection for potential threats that are deemed suspicious through heuristics.

2007-07-09 20:34:14 - ComboFix 07-07-10.1 - Service Pack 2

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( V Log )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cgrsdhps.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\guibdtcp.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\oqobnkao.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\tynbcotn.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\uojtwpdo.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\xnufmyft.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ygsaokwt.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ljjiheb.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.bak1
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.bak2
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.ini
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\oaknboqo.ini
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntocbnyt.ini
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\odpwtjou.ini
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\tfymfunx.ini
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\klkkj.bak1
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\klkkj.bak2
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\klkkj.ini
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\qttss.bak1
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\qttss.ini
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.bak1
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.bak2
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.ini
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttu.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\awtrpno.dll

* * * POST RUN FILES/FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\system32\_000006_.tmp.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\_000009_.tmp.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-06-09 to 2007-07-09 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-07-09 20:33 51,200 --a
    C:\WINDOWS\nircmd.exe
    2007-07-05 12:30 626,688 --a
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr80.dll
    2007-07-05 12:18 <DIR> d
    C:\Program Files\Real
    2007-07-05 12:13 <DIR> d
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real
    2007-07-05 11:59 <DIR> d
    C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Google Updater
    2007-07-04 18:33 4,256 --a
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmp.reg
    2007-07-04 18:11 <DIR> d
    C:\spywear_fix
    2007-06-28 22:18 <DIR> d
    C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\SecTaskMan
    2007-06-28 22:17 <DIR> d
    C:\Program Files\Security Task Manager
    2007-06-26 14:28 <DIR> d
    C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\APPLIC~1\Google
    2007-06-25 20:55 <DIR> d
    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
    2007-06-25 20:55 <DIR> d
    C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Lavasoft
    2007-06-25 20:53 <DIR> d
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
    2007-06-23 12:28 25 --a
    C:\WINDOWS\SW_Win2000X5.DLL
    2007-06-23 12:25 53,248 --a
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RegisterExe.exe
    2007-06-23 12:25 274,432 --a
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShareWareX.dll
    2007-06-23 12:25 <DIR> d
    C:\Program Files\Softinterface, Inc

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-07-09 17:18:19
    d
    w C:\DOCUME~1\SB~1\APPLIC~1\Skype
    2007-07-06 19:11:42
    d
    w C:\Program Files\Picasa2
    2007-07-05 11:15:50
    d
    w C:\DOCUME~1\SB~1\APPLIC~1\Real
    2007-07-05 10:59:35
    d
    w C:\Program Files\Google
    2007-06-16 20:15:15
    d
    w C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird
    2007-06-14 15:18:17 4,460 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\mozver.dat
    2007-06-04 14:18:48 9,344 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\NSDriver.sys
    2007-06-04 14:17:02 8,320 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AWRTRD.sys
    2007-06-04 14:14:56 6,272 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AWRTPD.sys
    2007-05-16 15:12:02 683,520 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcomm.dll
    2007-04-25 14:21:15 144,896 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\schannel.dll
    2007-04-18 16:12:23 2,854,400 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\msi.dll
    2007-04-16 21:47:36 33,624 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll
    2007-04-16 21:45:54 1,710,936 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
    2007-04-16 21:45:48 549,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
    2007-04-16 21:45:42 325,976 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
    2007-04-16 21:45:36 203,096 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuweb.dll
    2007-04-16 21:45:28 92,504 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\cdm.dll
    2007-04-16 21:45:20 53,080 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    2007-04-16 21:45:20 43,352 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups2.dll
    2007-04-13 14:19:52 7,680 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsdelete.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}]
    2005-09-23 20:12 63136 --a
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{3C9AABE6-A823-48F0-B5DB-3C6EAC8275AB}]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttq.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}]
    2005-11-10 13:22 184423 --a
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}]
    2007-01-20 00:55 2403392 -ra
    c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D}]
    2007-07-05 12:00 324536 --a
    C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.5672\swg.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}]
    2005-12-19 10:50 90112 --a
    C:\PROGRA~1\GOOGLE~1\GoogleAFE.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A}]
    2005-02-22 14:50 368640 --a
    C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "Apoint"="C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe" [2004-11-17 12:47]
    "SkyTel"="SkyTel.EXE" [2006-04-24 07:20 C:\WINDOWS\SkyTel.exe]
    "AzMixerSel"="C:\Program Files\Realtek\InstallShield\AzMixerSel.exe" [2006-01-25 10:45]
    "Mouse Suite 98 Daemon"="ICO.EXE" [2002-03-14 16:46 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ico.exe]
    "IntelZeroConfig"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe" [2006-02-28 14:25]
    "IntelWireless"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" [2006-02-28 14:25]
    "EOUApp"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe" [2006-02-28 14:29]
    "SonyPowerCfg"="C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe" [2006-03-09 20:58]
    "ISBMgr.exe"="C:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe" [2004-02-20 14:12]
    "Switcher.exe"="C:\Program Files\Sony\Wireless Switch Setting Utility\Switcher.exe" [2006-02-14 12:11]
    "VAIO Update 2"="C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe" [2005-10-11 21:36]
    "PDService.exe"="C:\Program Files\Utimaco\SafeGuard PrivateDisk\pdservice.exe" [2004-07-06 14:15]
    "ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2006-04-12 12:30]
    "Acrobat Assistant 7.0"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe" [2005-03-03 21:47]
    "@=" []
    "Norton Ghost 10.0"="C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe" [2005-10-14 13:37]
    "AVG7_CC"="C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe" [2007-04-20 20:37]
    "{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}"="C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe" [2005-07-15 22:48]
    "TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2007-07-05 12:16]
    "googletalk"="C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe" [2007-01-01 22:22]
    "Picasa Media Detector"="C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe" [2007-06-16 00:15]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "MSMSGS"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2004-10-13 17:24]
    "Skype"="C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" [2006-09-25 18:50]
    "swg"="C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-07-05 12:00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\ssttq]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\minimal\aawservice]

catchme 0.3.915 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
    Rootkit scan 2007-07-09 21:03:18
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
    hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2007-07-09 21:08:39 - machine was rebooted
    C:\ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt ... 2007-07-09 21:08

--- E O F ---

Scan saved at 21:14:21, on 09/07/2007

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
    C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3C9AABE6-A823-48F0-B5DB-3C6EAC8275AB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttq.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.5672\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: GoogleAFE - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\PROGRA~1\GOOGLE~1\GoogleAFE.dll
    O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
    O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: ssttq - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttq.dll (file missing)

Nearly done now

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop
    • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
    • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
    • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
    • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
    • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
    • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
    • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in a reply to this thread.
    Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

Next run HijackThis, click "Do a system scan only" and check these entries in bold if present

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3C9AABE6-A823-48F0-B5DB-3C6EAC8275AB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttq.dll (file missing)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: ssttq - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttq.dll (file missing)

Close all windows except for HijackThis and click "Fix checked".

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
    This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
      Double-click
    ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    Under Main choose: Select All
    Click the Empty Selected button.
    If you use Firefox browser
      Click
    Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    If you use Opera browser
      Click
    Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

* Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
    ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
    • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
    • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
    • Once the short scan has finished, mark the drives that you want to scan.
    • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
    • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
    • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
    • When the scan has finished, in the menu, click file and choose save report list
    • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
    • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
    • Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
    • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously in your next reply.

You now need to update your Java and remove your older versions.
    Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components.

* Click Start > Control Panel.
    * Click Add/Remove Programs.
    * Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in the name.
    * Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.

Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE), and install it to your computer from
    here

Your using an old version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, this can leave your pc open to vulnerabilities, you can update it here :
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

So in your next reply please post the following : the VundoFix report, a new HijackThis log, the Dr. Web Cureit report, and tell me how your pc is running and if you had any problems.

VundoFix V6.5.4

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.5.0.6
    Old versions of java are exploitable and should be removed.

Scan started at 21:02:23 11/07/2007

Listing files found while scanning....

Beginning removal...

Performing Repairs to the registry.
    Done!

Scan saved at 10:58:26, on 12/07/2007

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.5672\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: GoogleAFE - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\PROGRA~1\GOOGLE~1\GoogleAFE.dll
    O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
    O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment File Import Service (VzFw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\

Dr Web Cureit Report

Process.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Shane Barron\Desktop\SmitfraudFix;Tool.Prockill;Incurable.Deleted.;
    restart.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Shane Barron\Desktop\SmitfraudFix;Tool.ShutDown.11;Incurable.Moved.;
    backup-20070704-181920-795.dll;C:\Program Files\HijackThis\backups;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    backup-20070704-184814-986.dll;C:\Program Files\HijackThis\backups;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    backup-20070704-184838-767.dll;C:\Program Files\HijackThis\backups;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    backup-20070705-092807-474.dll;C:\Program Files\HijackThis\backups;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    backup-20070705-092807-967.dll;C:\Program Files\HijackThis\backups;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    backup-20070705-111253-905.dll;C:\Program Files\HijackThis\backups;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    awtrpno.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    cgrsdhps.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    guibdtcp.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    ljjiheb.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    oqobnkao.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    ssttu.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    tynbcotn.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    uojtwpdo.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    xnufmyft.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    ygsaokwt.dll.vir;C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010169.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP121;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010241.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010242.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010243.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010244.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010245.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010250.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010251.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010267.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010347.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010348.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010349.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010350.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010351.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
    A0010352.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BF32E3AB-F2D3-4E7F-BB2E-EA28A519BD3B}\RP122;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;

No problems reported. PC running much better. Am upgrading Acrobat at the moment. Deleted JRE as never use it

Your logs look good, just a few small things before we send you on your way.

* I notice that you have no firewall on your PC, this is extremely dangerous and leaves your PC open to vulnerabilities, so please download and install one of the following programs : ZoneAlarm, Comodo, or
    Outpost
    Make sure you only use one firewall though. A tutorial on understanding and using firewalls may be found here.

Now we need to create a new System Restore point.

Click Start Menu > Run > type (or copy and paste)

%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Press OK. Choose Create a Restore Point then click Next. Name it and click Create, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close.

Next goto Start Menu > Run > type

cleanmgr

Click OK, Disk Cleanup will open and start calculating the amount of space that can be freed, Once thats finished it will open the Disk Cleanup options screen, click the More Options tab then click Clean up on the system restore area and choose Yes at the confirmation window which will remove all the restore points except the one we just created.

To close Disk Cleanup and remove the Temporary Internet Files detected in the initial scan click OK then choose Yes on the confirmation window.

Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.

* Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at :
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
    This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.

* To reduce re-infection for malware in the future, I strongly recommend installing these free programs:
    SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX
    IE-SPYAD puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all

* I recommend the following anti-spyware programs to protect yourself against spyware, make sure you only use one real-time anti-spyware protection program though :
    AVG anti-spyware
    SUPERAntiSpyware
    Spybot - Search and Destroy

* SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.

* Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more
    secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in pop up
    blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from
    Here

* Take a good look at the following suggestions for malware prevention by reading Tony Klein’s article 'How Did I Get Infected In The First Place'
    Here

Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.

Thanks ActorSeeksHelp for all your help and advice in sorting this problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement