Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ccna

Options
  • 25-06-2007 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

lads, just studying the ccna course at the moment was looking at doing the course over the two exam option I notice on the website there is a last day to sit of 11/08/07 firstly i am hoping that is american date standard meaning the 8th november and secondly does anyone know why they are retiring and does it take any value away from achieving the cerificate if the exams are retired??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Have you got a link to that? I'm studying for it too, sitting it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The new exam structure was announced today. From what I can gather from a quick browse around, 640-801 CCNA is being retired as of November 6th, 640-802 CCNA coming online at the start of August.

Also, 640-821 INTRO and 640-811 ICND are being replaced by 640-822 ICND1 and 640-816 ICND2. The new exams are being rolled out at the start of August, the old retired the same time in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Eoghan25

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html
    here is the link just shows last days to sit exams and new ones avalible what is the feeling is it worth holding off i was hoping to sit the first exam ccna over the next 2 weeks and have it polished off by august is the fact it is retiring going make it of less value ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It won't demean it at all. While the toughness of the exam has increased a little over the years it's kept pace with the market and the existing skills of candidates so it's still pretty accurate, I don't expect that to change with the new version. You have to recertify every 3 years anyway (or pass a higher level exam that qualifies like most of the Professional level ones) so it's not like you can ever hold a current but irrelevant CCNA.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

A few things that I noticed about the new exam is that it will cost more to sit, but the duration has been extended. (The current exam has a 90 minute time limit).

The current CCNA (640-801) costs €126 but the new exam (640-802) will cost €150.

Nice profit increase by Cisco there ;)

Advertisement