Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you all pay for tv license?

Options
  • 25-06-2007 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,

im living in a house with my landlord and paying rent? We all spilt bills equally but do we spilt the tv licence or should the landlord have to pay for it all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Hhhm... I'm not sure you have the right forum! I can understand the question from the point of view that it's a quite different bill to the normal utility stuff....but..... I don't see it much of a decision really. If you watch it, you pay for it. That's the way I look at it.

Although if the landlord wants to keep the license even if you leave then it should be him who pays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sure you only need to pay around 50% of the fee

I hear RTE are settling for this amount with people these days ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I'd be surprised if your landlord would pay it. Maybe he's an idiot though, is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Who's TV is it - did the telly come with the flat? If so it's his problem, most likely, otherwise it's yours.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I pay for my tenants TV licence. Gotta keep good tenants happing. Their moving at the end of the month. I dougt i'll do it again. Why should I. If they don't want to pay it. I'll take the TV back. simple as.

• Advertisement
Advertisement