Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build Start up problems

Options
  • 25-06-2007 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hey there, long time since ive been here.

Just built a new Thermaltake Liquid Cooling system.

So everything was connected and all and I pressed the power button, and all good sounding, blue power led light lit up in the from, hard disk spinning, cd drive seems to have power, all case fans are led blue and spinning, the pump powered up and the liquid with through the tubes with no problem.

Now the problem is, is that it starts, and everything seems to be on and running, but when i plug in the Monitor to the graphics card nothing appears on the screen, the monitor throughs up a orange led light.

So my first thing to do was take out the graphics card because the motherboard came with a built in one. So I took out the graphics card, and plugged the monitor into the motherboards socket for it, booted up and still the same blank screen.

Now the other thing is I have the keyboard plugged in also, and I know usually when a system powers up the lights flash on the keyboard but no lights are flashing on it at all.

It is as if the system is powering up but not going anywhere.

So does anyone have any idea whats going on??

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

Hiya, that sucks! Are you hearing any "beeps" at all? One friendly beep that might indicate your harddrive is booting okay but you just can't see cos of the graphics problem? Or several beeps indicating another issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Nope im not hearing any beeps at all whatsoever.

And your hard-drive is spinning? I'm leaning towards a fault with the mainboard, something may have blown somwhere- a capacitor maybe, particularly if there's power going through it. Only thing you can really do is disconnect your new setup, eyeball the board itself for anything obvious. If I were in your shoes, I'd go back to the way it was before I added anything and then boot again. If it works, you know where your problem is, if it doesn't, its been fried, but at least you'll know. Sorry I can't offer anything more positive, but if the worst comes to the worst, chances are 99% that your hard drive is fine.

Well its a brand new build, it was never on before at all, everything in it is new and just put together in one go. As in its first boot up ever was only an hour ago id say. I would have thought that if the motherboard was fried the system just wouldn't start up at all?

A blown capacitor will still allow power to pass through, it just won't boot. I've seen it before- you'll have a power light alright and fans will whirl but no hard disk activity. It could be some kind of short. I can't think of anything you can do other than go through a process of elimination.

• Advertisement

Woooo hoooo, its booted up and windows vista is on the install :D

It was the memory, I just changed one memory module to another memory socket it and now were flying.

:D

Thanks.

Advertisement