Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Visual Media what the hell???

Options
  • 25-06-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hey, i have audio visual media down for first choice on my cao and was wondering can anybody who is doing it tell me what it involves day to day..i know that it varies considering your choices but im just looking for someone who actually has experience of the course to tell me about it:)...also is there anybody who is finished it and now working?..what kind of job prospects are possible for me at the end?...im really looking forward to doing the course but would like alot more information about it from people who have done it or are doing it..if anybody could help me it would be really great:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Loads of people have gone into radio and TV afterwards. Plenty more have gone on to work with film production studios, graphic design companies and the like. People are scattered all over the gaff. I'm sure there's a good few who ended up doing coke in a bathroom somewhere too though...

Day to day, its about 50/50 on practical/theory. There isn't all that much lecture time (If I recal it was about 18 hours a week) but you need plenty of time to do the various continuous assessment projects. There's loads of projects, you'll have an on going list in your head day to day but its not too much hastle. How each lecture comes across very much depends on the lecturer. Most are very good.

Had you any specific questions?

(I like the incoming first year group...they seem pro-active...)

EDIT: Other thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055063982

Advertisement