Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Uploads slow?

Options
  • 25-06-2007 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hi new here.

Anyone experiencing poor upload speeds with eircom. I'm ftp'n my site, and I get a good 40kb/s for about 2 seconds and then it decreases to 16kb/s..and then 4kb/s in another 3 seconds.

I've tested it on 3 different machines (all of which are free from spyware/adware/virus etc)

I rang eircom and they tested it. They said the upload speeds were fine.

My upload speeds were perfect up until 3 weeks ago. Then all of a sudden.

Download speeds are fantastic..over 200kb/s with the 2mb line.

I turned off Zonealarm Pro, the routers firewall, windows firewall, quit my p2p program (ares), and Port forwarded the ftp port on the router just in case. Nothing.

Any ideas? Any tests I can do to check?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Smyth wrote:
    Hi new here.

Anyone experiencing poor upload speeds with eircom. I'm ftp'n my site, and I get a good 40kb/s for about 2 seconds and then it decreases to 16kb/s..and then 4kb/s in another 3 seconds.

I've tested it on 3 different machines (all of which are free from spyware/adware/virus etc)

I rang eircom and they tested it. They said the upload speeds were fine.

My upload speeds were perfect up until 3 weeks ago. Then all of a sudden.

Download speeds are fantastic..over 200kb/s with the 2mb line.

I turned off Zonealarm Pro, the routers firewall, windows firewall, quit my p2p program (ares), and Port forwarded the ftp port on the router just in case. Nothing.

Any ideas? Any tests I can do to check?

Cheers!

if you have upload at 128kbps it could be no more than 16kB/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

he got the 2mbit line. he should get at least 25k upstream anyway. i get 40-42 on the 3mbit thing

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

at least...any ideas

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2048 256
    SN Margin (dB) 31.00 12.50
    Line Attenuation (dB) 25.50 14.00
    CRC Errors 0 0

Advertisement