Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze.

Options
  • 25-06-2007 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

I am seriously considering ditching Eircom. Is breeze any good these days?
    Advise me on routers needed etc. Its odd their site says I can only get a GO! card but the people 2 house behind me and at the end of the road have breeze.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I am seriously considering ditching Eircom. Is breeze any good these days?
    Advise me on routers needed etc. Its odd their site says I can only get a GO! card but the people 2 house behind me and at the end of the road have breeze.

For me IBB are pretty good. Not perfect but I'm happy with them. I'm on the 3Mb package and get pretty much full speed any time I've tested it. There used to be piles of posts on these and other boards with people having problems but generally you'll see less posts now with people having problems which must be a good thing.
    The unlimited downloads are great and I like having a static IP.
    I've had 2 major problems since joining.
    1: they gave away my IP to someone else so my link was intermittant. The guy on the phone couldn't fix it and sent out a couple of guys (about 36 hours later) to check my equipment. They got it sorted.
    2: there was a problem with some loading some sites recently. When I emailed them the problem they correctly told me to change the MTU settings on my PC. When I asked them about it they told me they were having hardware issues which have since been fixed.
    I've only dealt with support twice for those issues. The phone support had me on hold for 20 minutes and generally any time I've emailed them they've replied back the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I've never had to contact IBB but I'm living in a rented house with 4 people, all with laptops and we pretty much always get 2Mbps down/don't use much up.

It says unlimited and I hog it with downloading packages for Linux and some of the other guys download torrents and I play online with Xbox Live and download demos and they've not said a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hi, I'm new to the boards, strange as I've been online for years, across loads of forums too, but never really checked out the Irish ones, funny that.

I just ditched Clearwire, which is how I found this place really, by googling Clearwire p2p problems (I didn't know before signing up that they blocked p2p networks!! Gah!) - I'm returning the modem tomorrow (actually modems as they sent me 2!) which is within their 7 day cooling off period. I'm also going to stop the direct debit in the bank, just in case. A tip I found through browsing here.

Anyway ....

I'm thinking of trying IBB instead, possibly the 3mb breeze, looks good, but I'm not sure if it's available where I am (Carlow town centre) A friend of mine has IBB but I think it's only the 1mb one, but if he has it at all, I'm thinking they should have wireless coverage here. They don't have p2p networks/Torrents blocked on IBB right?

The other option I was looking into was Chorus cablenet, anyone know if their 6mb cable net is as good as it sounds? (Less likely to be available here though ..)

Any other suggestions? I'm not hijacking the thread here, just used this as it's on topic and saves another similar thread.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Make sure you return registered post etc to have a record you did return them so you don't have to pay for the modems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

watty wrote:
    Make sure you return registered post etc to have a record you did return them so you don't have to pay for the modems.

Good idea. I still have the original one they sent me 3 years ago :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I'm thinking of trying IBB instead, possibly the 3mb breeze, looks good, but I'm not sure if it's available where I am (Carlow town centre) A friend of mine has IBB but I think it's only the 1mb one, but if he has it at all, I'm thinking they should have wireless coverage here. They don't have p2p networks/Torrents blocked on IBB right?

What package you can get of them depends on the SNR, the installer archieves. Not enough signal, no 3 mbit package.

In regards to ports, IBB Breeze is uncapped and unfiltered, as broadband should be.

/Martin

Advertisement