Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I connect to a local mySQL database on MAC?

Options
  • 25-06-2007 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have installed MAMP and have successfully executed a few PHP scripts on my local machine.

Now I have created a database called "database" and a table called "contacts" and set up the various fields using PHPmyAdmin.

I now want to add information to the table "contacts"

How can I do this?

Can I do it from inside the web browser with MAMP, if so how.

I know that this can be done from the terminal but I don't know how.

Here is a screenshot of the information given on my MAMP homepage at "localhost:8080....."

Picture-1.jpg

Can anyone help me out on this at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Doesn't it say it right there... localhost:8889? Administer using phpMyAdmin? Which is given to you with a hyperlink, it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Doesn't it say it right there... localhost:8889? Administer using phpMyAdmin? Which is given to you with a hyperlink, it seems...

Nope, thats not a Hyperlink.

Also, that code does not work from within the terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Did you create your DB in phpmyadmin?
    Using phpmyadmin is the easiest way to add/edit to a local db. The below link should bring up the required screen.
    http://localhost:8888/MAMP/frame.php?src=%2FphpMyAdmin%2F%3Flang%3Den-iso-8859-1&language=English

Failling that, just go into your Applications Folder > MAMP and launch the MAMP icon. Then click on phpmyadmin from the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

phpMyadmin is the place to be with all that database malarky. If in doubt - randomly click some links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Gordon wrote:
    phpMyadmin is the place to be with all that database malarky. If in doubt - randomly click some links.
    Yeah I tried a few links alright, but not much luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement