Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brick discolouration

Options
  • 25-06-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I recently built some flower beds in the back garden using ormonde bricks. The problem is though that from time to time the face of the bricks is discoloured with a kind of white colour.

Any ideas what might be causing this , or how can I stop it from happening. I was going to get a wire brush to the bricks and see how I get on , but dont want to do any long term damage to the finish of the bricks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

A common enough thing with bricks

Efflorescence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think it's process called 'sweating'. It's normal enough. It usually stops after few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

thanks for the info guys. i'll have to try an get rid of it somehow ... can't be listening to herself complaining about the discolouration on her lovely flower beds for the next few years......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It'll just come back - it's a natural process.

Advertisement