Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using Irish 3 Mobile Broadband in the UK

• 25-06-2007 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Hello

Has anyone used Mobile Broadband in the UK with an Irish SIM?

I was passing through Heathrow last week and I couldn't connect. It was having a problem connecting with the 3Ireland.ie APN.

Is it not smart enough to just connect to the UK.

I had though about setting up another profile to connect to three.co.uk (or whatever the UK APN is) but I fear that it may not be taken from the Mobile Broadband package and I will be charged for the data.

I'm going to London next week and feel traumatised at the thought of being offline for a few days....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It should work. No need to change the APN. If it did not, there was a fault with 3's network at the time or Heathrow has no 3 coverage (unlikely). I would suggest you contact customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

No reason whatsoever why it shouldn't work but indeed and begorrah I had problems with it last week around the same time in Belfast.

Seems 3 UK was down big time around that period. That may well have been the only problem and just an unfortunate coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Thanks gentlemen. I'll give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Have used mine with no problems in a few different areas in the UK since getting it and it works perfectly. No HSDPA yet on most of 3UKs network though, so limited in speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paulbds

FWIW, I use it the other way around. I travel to Wexford a lot from the UK and bring my 3 (UK) phone over and it costs me nothing more (Using "3 like home" tarrif) .
    Incidentally, I have my data cadr from 3 (Ireland) from the 3 shop (in Waterford). Again, I can use it Ireland and in wales/uk and it costs me no extra. The only difference is that it is ahell of a lot cheaper for the Irish contract than getting it in the UK. I found this the best option rather than having a phoneline installed in my apartment in Wexford.

Sorry for the long post
    ps I hear DAB has started in Ireland - -any decent recption in Wexford anyone?

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 paulbds

ps..anyone seen this deal - I was just checking out the new USB data modem but look at the price €19.99 for 10 gigs amonth -what a cracker

http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/datacards_e220.htm

I will paying a visit to Waterford again next week when I am over

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

paulbds, that's what I am on: €19.99 for 10 gigs a month. Very pleased with it, though so far I've only averaged 1 gig a month of usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭StealthRolex

I've been on for a couple of months and after the first 2 weeks at speeds averaging 1.5Mbps I am now lucky to get 50 Kbps.

If you want true mobile broadband move to a different country.

The Service sucks and the Support sucks but the modem is pretty.

Now trying to get a refund and all I get are "I'll pass your concerns on to the relevant pary and you will be contacted".

So far the only person to call me hung up!!!

Advertisement