Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cylinder head, toyota previa

Options
  • 25-06-2007 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

started to take the cyl head off a toyota previa 2.2 turbo diesel today,i filled it up with water (no water in the expansion bottle) i left it switched off for a half hour and it was hydraulicly locked up. does this mean the head is cracked or do these engines crack heads? also in lookin for sympathy as i cut the thumb off myself while working on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Leave it overnight. Then release the cyl hd bolts evenly and gently. Separating the engine should be straight forward. Have the head checked for cracks, and have it skimmed before you refit it.

EDIT : I hope you a significant other to kiss the thumb better..............

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

got the head off, fairly serious cracks between the two valves on all cylinders, also a bad crack on no 4 cyl from the exhaust valve to the combustion chamber, methinks de head is scrap. suposed to be the same head as a carina 2.2. think the engine is 3t sumthin or other

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

hiluxman wrote:
    methinks de head is scrap.

Sounds like it.

Advertisement