Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped off by Hotel

Options
  • 25-06-2007 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

So last Tuesday I booked a night in the Travelodge in Galway. It was €74 for me and my bf. Around 5 pm I got a call from them saying they had overbooked, but arranged a room for us in the Menlo Park for the same price. Was a bit annoyed but at least it wasn't costing me extra.

WRONG.

The Menlo Park insisted that the travelodge had told them it was for one person, that for the two of us it would cost €130. I said that I was quoted €74. Receptionist said no, no, definitley onlt one person. She lowered the price to €110. Although she thought was only one person, it had already booked for me to have a room with a double and single bed...

Anyway. On Wednesday I went to the Travelodge. I was talking to the man who was dealing with me the day before. He said he definitley said it was two people, and that he wouldnt send me somewhere that would cost me extra. He rang the other hotel, and explained everything. They said they'd talk to the manager, and phone me back.

Its nearly been a week and still no word. Should I go into them? Or am I wasting my time? Although it only €36 in the difference, it's the principle of the matter...

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Ring back. If you don't it makes it easier for them to 'forget' you.

If they don't do anything then Travelodge is chain so write a letter of complaint to them (CC local manager) saying that due to employee X in the Galway branch/franchise you are out of pocket and nothing was done to reimburse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

mmm, unfair, annoying, you were already in your room in the first hotel? I'd probably of refused to leave...

Put it in writing to them, if they have any sense they will offer you more than just the €36, something to compensate.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

No, I wasn't there yet, was delayed in getting there. If I was already there, there would be no chance Id leave!

So should I go back to the Travelodge or to The Menlo? The man in the Travelodge was lovely... whereas I found the girl in the Menlo to be bit of a bit(h...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Write an official letter of complaint and send it to the Travelodge manager, the Travelodge headquarters, and the manager of the Menlo. Make sure that all are registered.

I've stayed in the Menlo before and it does cost over the 100 Euro for two people normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

dudara wrote:
    Write an official letter of complaint and send it to the Travelodge manager, the Travelodge headquarters, and the manager of the Menlo. Make sure that all are registered.

I've stayed in the Menlo before and it does cost over the 100 Euro for two people normally.
    I second that. Letters work wonders!

edit: make sure you know your names and dates!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The Queen wrote:
    No, I wasn't there yet, was delayed in getting there. If I was already there, there would be no chance Id leave!

So should I go back to the Travelodge or to The Menlo? The man in the Travelodge was lovely... whereas I found the girl in the Menlo to be bit of a bit(h...

Travelodge. They made the alternative arrangements for you because of their own overbooking, so any price difference is theirs to pick up. I used to work for Travel Inn in the UK and we overbooked a LOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 9th

Like everyone else has said. Your complaint is with the travel lodge. You shouldn't have paid the extra money. You should have told the receptionist if any money was due, it was from the travel lodge.

Advertisement