Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody got the Blackberry Curve yet?

• 26-06-2007 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I have been through a few Blackberry phones over the last few years not to mention phones running Blackberry Connect.

I am currently using a Nokia E61i with Blackberry Connect and as usual, I am getting bored with it. Blackberry Connect does the job, but its not Blackberry and also even though Symbian is great and there is lots of stuff out there, the Blackberry phones run way faster, especially when you start building up lots of emails.

Thinking strongly of trying one out but would like any opinions/reviews from Blackberry/Blackberry Curve users.....

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Business/Business+Solutions/Mobile+office/BlackBerry/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

Will post a more detailed post soon, but in a nutshell I have one and its fabulous. Kindof miss the scroll wheel as i'm not convinced of the virtue of the pearl scroller yet.... but it does the job and is still better than the joysticks you see on other devices.

Browser is a big step up from previous iterations and its been working great for me. The standard headphone jack is really handy to have and the music player is excellent.... supports a2dp bluetooth audio which is nice, though i mainly use it at home rather than out and about.

Voice quality seems to be better than my 8700g but not as good as some of the older nokias... though comparable with the newer ones... maybe its just me but i've yet to come across a modern phone with perfect voice quality.

The camera is pretty standard phone variety.... not going to replace a normal camera but handy in a fix.

All in all the device is great... feels a lot lighter than the 8700g i had before and is slimmer too.... And the little software improvements in 4.2 version of blackberry os are great.

The one thing I didn't like was video playback... can't get it to play transcoded files smoothly... but if you don't care about that... then no biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

I must admit, my main concern is regarding the rollerball also, having got used to all Blackberry devices with the wheel on the side. I also wonder if these rollerballs will give trouble in time.

A2DP support is nice, but like yourself, I will only be using it at home. As for the voice quality, this wouldnt be a MAJOR concern for me as I would only have a couple of hours calls per month. My main usage is purely for email. Again, the camera is not of vital importance, but having got used to the E61i, even though I always say I dont want a camera, its nice to have something, even basic, for taking simple snaps.

I also had an 8700 before the E61i, so this is what I would be comparing it to also. As a matter of interest, what improvements does the 4.2 version have over previous? Regarding video playback, not really an issue for me.

Thanks again for the feedback

Advertisement