Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best fighting game EVA

Options
  • 26-06-2007 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Probably been done before but sure no harm in going again,
    Whats the best fighting game ever do you think, for me it's Soul Calibur - stunning graphics - true 3d fighting - great characters each with unique fighting style though still evenly matched - cool weapons :)

dreamcast was awesome, i wish i never sold mine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

Top 10:

#1 Street Fighter III: Third Strike
    #2 Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
    #3 Super Street Fighter II Turbo: The New Challengers
    #4 Tekken 3
    #5 Guilty Gear XX ReLoad
    #6 Capcom vs. SNK 2
    #7 Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of the Superheroes
    #8 Street Fighter Alpha 3
    #9 Soul Calibur 2
    #10 Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3

I'm a bit of a 2D freak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hmmm... I think Tekken 2.
    Once they added crap button-bash charictors like Eddie Gordo, it all went downhill from there.
    The original SF2 would be my close second.

Soul Calibur was great though... many hours of my life wasted on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

i always liked Marvel Super Heroes on the Saturn, and, of course SFII, but my favourite has to be Virtua Fighter 2. Soooo many hours lost to that game. Nobody expects Shun Di!

I don't really like soul calibur, which i'm pretty sure is blasphemy around these parts, but still.
    Actually thats not fair, i used to like the game, then a friend of mine sucked all the fun outta it by getting hyper-compeditive and hyper-cheap with mitsirugi, i still can't play it to this day.

And i still have a soft spot for Mortal Kombat II, even if it's a wee bit rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

then a friend of mine sucked all the fun outta it by getting hyper-compeditive and hyper-cheap with mitsirugi, i still can't play it to this day.
    Master Kilik... he can out-cheap anyone IMO. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Have to agree here Soul calibur was stunning for its time the sequel was alright not as good but when it hit 3 everthing went to ****e.
    Hardest chracter to get a hit on if you knew how to use him= Voldo:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

1 Tekken 5
    2 Street Fighter 3
    3 Soul Caliber 2/3 (never could pick a favourite)

Although its worth noting I still havent got around to getting VF4evo, really should buy that game :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Street Fighter Alpha 3

I preferred it to SFIII:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was I the only one coming into this thread thinking it was going to be about a Neon Genesis Evangelion beat em up?

But anyway, not a big fighter fan. Ive always meant to pick up a good decent one and give it some time, but never got around to it. I hear Vitura Fighter 5 (?) is meant to be good on the PS3, so might pick up the 360 version when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Street Fighter II, Street Fighter 3rd Strike and of course Virtua fighter 4 Evo.
    Can't believe no-one has mentioned VF, the most balanced and rewarding fighting game ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Master Kilik... he can out-cheap anyone IMO. :D

i could, but i'd hate to be "that guy"

• Advertisement

Still have my dreamcast and soul calibur. I friggin hate Voldo. Mitsurugi, Maxi and Asteroth are the best charachters I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sf2 only balanced game in my opinion, you can beat anyone with anyone (well i can ;) )

Soul Calibur 2 easy 2nd.

tekken is nowhere near a balanced game as some of the fighters can win matches just by pressing the same button over and over again, Paul for instance. Elbow Knee Elbow Knee Elbow repat till game cleared.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

Third Strike is still king. Criminal it never saw a release here.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Er, Smash Bros. much?
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Third Strike is still king. Criminal it never saw a release here.
    It did as part of an Xbox street fighter collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Still have my dreamcast and soul calibur. I friggin hate Voldo. Mitsurugi, Maxi and Asteroth are the best charachters I think.

omg , i have found someone with dreamcast + soul calibur -> i want, how much to buy ?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Noes...I want it...I want it :(

I have a dreamcast with soul calibur, resident evil code veronica, shenmue 1, Legacy of kain : soul reaver and dead or alive 2. Most definately NOT FOR SALE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I have a dreamcast with soul calibur, resident evil code veronica, shenmue 1, Legacy of kain : soul reaver and dead or alive 2. Most definately NOT FOR SALE!

dont be so quick to say not for sale, pm me if you are interestd in gaining some cash

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Dead or Alive 2

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote:
    dont be so quick to say not for sale, pm me if you are interestd in gaining some cash
    Sorry but I mean it when I say its not for sale! I quite enjoy playing soul calibur on my dreamcast and no amount of money will make me give it up.:cool:

Advertisement