Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lcd quality with analogue input

Options
  • 26-06-2007 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

How good a picture do you get typically using an lcd with an analogue signal?

Worse than crt? There's an extra signal conversion so I would guess yes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

There's others on here who could answer this better, but with regard to analog TV signal...
    pwd wrote:
    How good a picture do you get typically using an lcd with an analogue signal?
    Typically, not good.

pwd wrote:
    Worse than crt?
    Much worse.

If I've read right, the higher the LCD resolution, the worse the analog will display.

I've been using analog solely for the past week while waiting for Sky HD. It's 1920x1080 res screen and the analog display is very poor.

If you have, or intend to get a HD source, or a least a digital one, things should be much better. (Hope for my sake they are!) An LCD for analog only would be a waste.

EDIT: I've also played standard DVD via scart and it's much better than the TV signal, but has it's faults too.

Advertisement