Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

question about honda Accord 1.8l SRS??

Options
  • 26-06-2007 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

As above, what does the SRS stand for. Im loking at buying one of these 1.8 SRS accords and just wana know what this means.

There is a light on the dash aswell for the SRS?

Is it something fo stability control? any comments appreciated! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Not so sure what an SRS in the badge name is (never heard of it on a Accord), but SRS is normally to do with the airbag etc - Supplemental Restraint System. On my Accord it deploys the airbag and tightens the seatbelts when in a collision.

HTH ,

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes, SRS stands for Supplemental Restraining System.

This means the onboard computer determins how fast and how much of an impact the car sustains in a collision before the air bags are deployed. It also controls how hard the seat belt pretensioners are applied depending on how much force is applied to the car's brakes at the time. This is designed to reduce the possibility of occupents from sustaining neck or back injuries if involved in a collision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

ah ok cool. another quick q, wot sort of bhp do these cars have? the 1.8l and 2.0? thanks again:)

bjmotors wrote:
    ah ok cool. another quick q, wot sort of bhp do these cars have? the 1.8l and 2.0? thanks again:)

What year is the Accord your looking at?

96 saloon shape onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

JHMEG wrote:

cheers JHMEG that site is great, had all the info i wanted. thanks

bjmotors wrote:
    96 saloon shape onwards.

96 - 98 1.8i litre Accord had around 115bhp. 2.0i litre had around 130bhp.

If you can afford the 2.0 litre then go for that one. I had a 1994 Accord 2.0i a good few years ago, sweet car to drive and plenty of go in it.

bazz26 wrote:
    96 - 98 1.8i litre Accord had around 115bhp. 2.0i litre had around 130bhp.

If you can afford the 2.0 litre then go for that one. I had a 1994 Accord 2.0i a good few years ago, sweet car to drive and plenty of go in it.

yea ive read the 1.8l are under powered so i wont get 1 of them. i did a bit of research and the best of the 2.0l accords are the: iLS (147bhp) and iES model (143bhp) so il defo be goin for one of them!:D

cheers again for the info lads. much appreciated.

bjmotors wrote:
    i did a bit of research and the best of the 2.0l accords are the: iLS (147bhp) and iES model (143bhp) so il defo be goin for one of them!:D

I think those figures are from the 1999 - 2003 Accord which used the newer iVTEC engines.

Afaik 1996 - 1998 Accord 2.0i had 130bhp.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote:
    I think those figures are from the 1999 - 2003 Accord which used the newer iVTEC engines.

Afaik 1996 - 1998 Accord 2.0i had 130bhp.

nope, if ya check the parkers.co.uk site thats what it says for the model years 1/4/93 to 1/6/97. However, you are correct some of the 2.0l are only 130bhp. I think there the 2.0i and other basic models.

Advertisement