Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Digital Radios Online

• 26-06-2007 9:51am
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know if the new digital trial stations RTÉ are broadcasting will be streamed online so those of us outside the Dublin area will be able to have a listen? Or is anyone else streaming them? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Unfortunatly not, you can't recieve them via the RTE website. As its only a trial service they are only broadcasting around the lenster region, so if you dont live near either of the transmitters you wont be able to get the signal :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

2fm got their D.A.B broadcast license two weeks ago and have been doing testing since.

sounds nice though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

2fm or 2xm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It would be nice if they did stream on the internet, let the rest of the country (i.e. not Dublin) hear what they're doing... Is the actual quality of music any good? Or is it the same crap they have on all the other national stations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Radio|Man

2XM Stream live for Oxygen and all services will be online in the very near future.

http://www.rte.ie/digitalradio/pressrelease2.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭Antenna

Its good to hear it will be streamed, but what about putting it on satellite as well? Even if it had to be only available without an EPG on skyboxes (i.e. tuneable on 'other channels') for the time being?
    Being on satellite would also allow all digital cable services to carry it also if they want.
    It would be more opportunity for people in the rest of the country to hear this trial service, especially those without broadband.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Good idea. Maybe they will at some stage. RTE have the uplink equipment.

Not sure how much added expense it would be to uplink their digital channels.

The SKY bird is bursting at the seams at the moment so until they sort that, I don't think there is room to stream a cat on there !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I wouldn't say the transponder that RTÉ is on is bursting at the seams. In fact, its underused, if anything, compared with several other transponders. There are 5 TV services and only 4 radio channels, which contribute to the excellent bitrates that the TV channels have. RTÉ's TV bitrates are higher than the BBC's.

I know, but isn't it nice that RTE is actually one of the better quality channels on the SKY platform.

Its already shaved around the edges and zoomed so taking the bandwidth any lower, considerably lower when you consider the space needed to fit all the new services in decent quality, is not something to consider IMHO :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jimbo2007

That reminds me - what is on, and/or what will be on 9604 on the satellite transponder? It owuld be nice to have the extra radio channels here too.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭vinnielo

The RTE Digital Radio services can be heard online at www.radiofeeds.co.uk/irish.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Why arn't rte streaming on there own website? :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

vinnielo wrote:
    The RTE Digital Radio services can be heard online at www.radiofeeds.co.uk/irish.asp

Great stuff! Cheers!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Why arn't rte streaming on there own website? :confused:

you'll notice that all the RTÉ links on that site for streams are to the rte website.

Advertisement