Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something seems broken

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

107 is the main IP for boards, Boston is correct as I posted earlier it looks like one of the web nodes has fallen over. This is a seperate issue to BT's problems. You will be getting random 404's until the problem web node is dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This evening is the first time I've seen it.

I'm getting
    1. Some 404s
    2. Some pages loading fine.
    3. Some pages only loading the html file - just black text on white background, no images or skins
    4. Some posts are refused with a message along the lines of "This forum is no longer accepting posts" - sometimes it will have accpeted the post, others not.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I just get random "Connection has been reset" errors with Firefox. A refresh always fixes it, and it doesn't happen often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

byte wrote:
    I just get random "Connection has been reset" errors with Firefox. A refresh always fixes it, and it doesn't happen often.

Same here, on FF

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

happening again for me tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Problems here too, sometimes I cant log on for the whole day. Im with BT if that makes any difference. My father never has problems logging in and he's with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

working for me on http://89.234.66.107 but i cant log in. sometimes works on www.boards.ie Im using firefox openDNS and bt bb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I'm with eircom and it's worse now than it was earlier on today using FF2.

Seems fairly o.k. using IE7.

EDIT: Damn. Should have used IE7 for a few more minutes before posting. It's just as bad as FF2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Dermot2468 wrote:
    working for me on http://89.234.66.107 but i cant log in.
    Same here. Also noticed that the page loads randomly. White screen with bits and pieces of the graphics flashing on and off. Eventually the screen then loads.
    *takes coffee break and waits for Regi Magic*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The Menu on the righthand side of the front page isnt loading.

http://www.boards.ie/

Edit: It's o.k. again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Have been getting empty responses to various actions over the past 2 weeks. Generally I'll have 3 or so browsing sessions a day (where I read, post, mod, etc), and it's happened at least once per session over the last 2 weeks (or so). A refresh or 3 usually solves it, but tonight it's been more like 20-25 refreshes to solve it.

Knowing nothing of the backend, it looks like a machine has died but the balancer/proxy server knows not of its death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Agree there, i've been getting blank pages more these days than ever on FF

I couldn't even load the first page of this thread for a while, now loads

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm getting loads of blanks where nothing happens. Can't get into certain threads right now.

Advertisement