Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whistling LCD

• 26-06-2007 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Every now and again I get this annoying whistling from my Philips 42inch LCD, it's not from the speakers but from the unit itself, it's a high pitched type of whistling and the pitch can change depending what's on the screen. It's seems to be happen after I've played my 360 on it for a while so perhaps it's a heating issue. I can't recall it happpening when just watching T.V. but I'll have to check that out.
    I've come across this on regular T.Vs before and didn't think it could happen on LCDs.

Any know if this is a normal occurance or should I bring the T.V back ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It's something that can happen with all LCD products from computer monitors to TV's, the exact cause I've never looked into myself though after prolonged usage it can go away.

Some return the product because of it but you can also get unlucky and get another one of the same type that does it. It is a very difficult thing to pin down.

Advertisement