Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3datamodem: Any way to (a) Auto-reconnect and (b) specify HSDPA only

Options
  • 26-06-2007 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Been using the 3datamodem for about two months, mostly positive experience but there are two things that could considerably improve this. First of all I have looked through the software to see if I could sort this out myself, but I couldnt find the answer. Here's my questions:

(a) Is there any way to tell the 3datamodem to automatically reconnect when the connection drops. It is very frustrating having to keep alt-tabbing to the 3datamodem software and clicking reconnect. Then going back to all of the web pages that you have open and seeing that damned error message. Is there any way to make the connection reconnect when the connection drops.

(b) Is there any way to specify that you connect to the HSDPA network. It seems to have better response times and is more stable than the 3G network.

thanks.
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

you cannot specify HSDPA over 3G, it doesnt work that way. When connecting to a 3G cell, if you are using a HSDPA capable device, and you are connecting to a HSDPA APN ( and authorised to do so ) then the cell will offer you HSDPA and only HSDPA. you Will only end up on normal 3G when HSDPA is not enabled/available, it isnt like between 2G/3G where you can specify to stay on 3G even on very weak signal since they are seperate transmissions/frequencies.

HSDPA and 3G would be carried on the same transmission, just a different modulation mode. So if you modem is staying on 3G, then there is no way around it

Advertisement