Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Cars stolen

Options
  • 26-06-2007 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Another car was stolen from the Fairways on saturday night.

It was a 02-ww White Honda Integra DC5 Type R
    It had white 17" alloy wheels on it.

Im pretty sure most people would have seen it around greystones before as its a fairly rare car.

It was stolen between the hours of 11.30pm on sat night and 3.00am

If anyone has seen this car between then and now could you please send me a PM?

343452324a3562510607b412426866l.jpg

Thanks,
    Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,939 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

a fairly distinctive car alright, one that I'd imagine would be a magnet for thieves. did you have an immobiliser on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

wasn't mine, was one of my friends.
    i think there was but it wasn't working right

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Shocking, i went for a walk with the dog there on monday, the gf left the front door open they keys to 2 03 or better cars/2 laptops/2 mobiles/ and other stuff inside we were gone for an hour. Came home nothing missing... and we live in tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cloono

Was the car stolen on Friday night or Saturday night?
    There's a note on the main entrance stating it was Friday, from what I remember.

I know the car alright, remember seeing it on Friday, but no more than that I'm afraid.
    Pretty brazen to steal a car with so many over looking windows, mine being one of them.

They didn't get their hands on the keys or anything like that?

hotwired afaik...

might have been friday actually but i can't remember

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

I am no expert on cars, but I do know that most 02 cars have what is known as a "chiped" key. This makes them impossible to hotwire. The "normal" way to steel such a car is to steal the keys.

I would imagine that somehow the thieves got their hands on your friends keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

Another car was stolen from the Fairways on saturday night.

It was a 02-ww White Honda Integra DC5 Type R
    It had white 17" alloy wheels on it.

Im pretty sure most people would have seen it around greystones before as its a fairly rare car.

It was stolen between the hours of 11.30pm on sat night and 3.00am

If anyone has seen this car between then and now could you please send me a PM?

343452324a3562510607b412426866l.jpg

Thanks,
    Matt

Saw this coming out of Superquinn around 9ish last night. I presume you got it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

dubrunner wrote:
    Saw this coming out of Superquinn around 9ish last night. I presume you got it back?

Dubrunner, I proposed you as chairperson of the new neighbour watch scheme...anyone second that!?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

i'm not sure...

was it definitly this one? because i know there another one with black wheels on it
    and also there's a 97 and a 96 one in charlesland too which look similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

Wasn't sure which year. You could be right, it may have been another one.

Thought the car was a one off in the estate.

• Advertisement

that one is.... as its the newest model and fairly rare in ireland...

the older one is a different shapre but similar and there's two a penny of them floating around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cloono

Thats what I was thinking about the keys, its pretty difficult to break into modern cars, and having the keys looks less dodge when they are taking it.

I'm sure it would have taken a bit of time to get it going, therefore drawing attention.....but maybe they don't give a crap:mad:

Neighbourhood watch is a good idea, we'll have to do shifts keeping watch on the balcony they way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Very worrying! Have Garda said that they're doing anything about this?
    I've got a Type R too and from what I've been reading on this its a matter of time before they get to me!

gards have no idea...

apparently though they tried to rob it a few weeks before hand and she had to have the ignition barrell changed, possibly to one without a chip...

i believe it was spotted by a few people out in blanchardstown / tallaght direction having the sh1t driven out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 evectm

I heard about another car been broken into in the grove - ..so its not just the new ones - its anything they can race - mark ii GTI in ours.. hope it does not get spotted for a Joy ride. Is there anything we can do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Guys seriously. If you drive decent cars in the older year range, get yourselves a disklok. I ramps up the time it takes to steal a car by about 12 minutes.
    Handy when you dont have a chipped key but have a car in the "joyriders most wanted" list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 boo-urns

Just thought I'd let you all know that there was attempted motorbike robbery in Charlesland Park last night - it wasn't my motorbike but my cousin's, who lives a few doors away in a duplex. The bike was locked to railings but they managed to get through the chain with a bolt cutters. Luckily the neighbour below him heard them and called the Gardai and, to be fair to them, they were out straight away and managed to get the bike back. They didn't catch the thieves but took the bike away for fingerprinting.
    If you have a motorbike I'd advise you to get an alarm for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

break in a couple of doors up but left when alarm went off and they were at the back door so had to get over the gardens as well. gardai said they were after the car. its a new vw gti. a van was emptied of its tools months ago one night .

Advertisement