Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick tip - Brown Thomas - Grindenstein Knock Box

Options
  • 26-06-2007 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Picked up one of these in Brown Thomas last week. They are worthwhile to have for anyone with an espresso machine. I used to tap into the sink, ended up with a lot of mess.

image.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You used to tap into the sink! My god, what state are your drains in!

I just head straight to the bin, it's only 3 steps away from the coffee machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I tapped into the sink, and then picked up the puck and threw it into the bin.

Tried tapping into the bin, but sometimes the filter fell out of the portafilter. Not very hygenic tapping it off the bin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Then a rinse under the tap!

I wouldn't have you thinking that I like to flavour my coffee with the pungent aroma of rotting veg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You should try it. Its not as bad as its made out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

dudara wrote:
    You used to tap into the sink! My god, what state are your drains in!

I just head straight to the bin, it's only 3 steps away from the coffee machine.

I throw the coffee grinds into our "green stuff" bowl, which gets emptied regularly onto our compost. Best place for it, IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

bonkey wrote:
    I throw the coffee grinds into our "green stuff" bowl, which gets emptied regularly onto our compost. Best place for it, IMHO.

The grounds are full of nitrogen and good for your plants. So not only is
    coffee good for you it's great for your compost/garden :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Folks, ye are a fountain of knowledge. I'm heating into the DublinCC at the weekend, I've some purchasing to do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

buying something like that seems a bit excessive. all you need is a bin, a spoon and a rinse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

It depends on the volume of coffee you produce whether its excessive or not.

For me, its not. Its very useful.

Advertisement