Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

giving volume to hair

• 26-06-2007 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

wondering if anyone had any tips on how to give your hair more 'volume' i.e bigger/fluffier. can this be done by blowdrying?

my hair is naturally dead straight and dry/flat - i want it to be softer and bouncier. sometimes i can get it like that, but i don't know how it happens, if its shampoo or what.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

Check out some of the Lush shampoos and conditioners. They're great for volume. Try letting your hair air dry, and if that doesn't work blow dry with a LARGE barrel brush. The bigger the brush, the bigger the hair. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

I use Charles Worthington Big Hair styling spray, it's really good. Spray it at the roots and blow dry with a barrel brush. When it's dry, if you lift your hair up and spray hairspray underneath, that will give you really big hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I'd recommend mousse for getting volume into your hair - make sure and work it right into the roots. I personally like the Pantene Sheer volume mousse. Then blowdry roughly upside down, tip your head back up, and blowdry section by section with the biggest round brush you've got. When blowdrying, try to pull the hair upwards rather than down. If that's still not big enough, throw a load of rollers into it afterwards and leave for as long as you like....the longer you leave, the more volume you get. And don't be afraid of the 80's rock star look you might get afterwards, it falls out really quickly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

put your head upside down and blowdry that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Oh sounds like we have the same problem. I like volume in my hair too, but its sooo straight (mines past my shoulders).

Anyways, a few things:

1. Get long layers cut into your hair. This gives more body and movement to the hair. Even layers around the face make hair seem more fuller.

2. When blow-drying, brush out once after washing. Then rough dry hair with your hands, till about 70% dry (start drying the ends of your hair first, and work your way to the roots). Then tip your head over. While drying, give hair another brush. When hair is dry, do not tip hair over for at least a minute. You hair is still warm. You need to let it cool and set (like a natural hairspray if you will).

After a minute, tip head over and brush and style as normal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement