Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 passat TDI differences

Options
  • 26-06-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi

Looking at a VW passat - what are the different engine bhp's? Is 100bhp the base with no red in the TDI and 110 with a red i in the TDI and 130 with a red d and i in the TDI??? :)

Also what does comfortline imply, what extras to u get??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In 2004 the Passat was available with two 1.9 TDi engines afaik, a 100bhp version with the TDi (no red letters) badge and the 130bhp with the TDi badge.

Baseline was the entry level model which had electric front windows, cd player, electric heated mirrors and climate controlled air conditioning.

Comfortline is the next trim level up and on top of the Baseline it had chrome around the exterior of the windows and doors, electric rear windows, suede seats, front arm rest and fake wood on the dashboard. Comfortline cost about €1500 extra at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

Kool - thanks.

So what does a red i in a 2004 TDI signify? The car I'm looking at only has a red i .... no red d.??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Kool - thanks.

So what does a red i in a 2004 TDI signify? The car I'm looking at only has a red i .... no red d.??

It most likely is the 100bhp version as up to early 2004 VW stuck the TDi badge on the 100bhp version. VW confuse the life out of people with their badges. To be sure it may state which version on the registration document or somewhere on the car itself, maybe on the inside of the boot or door.

Advertisement