Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this the part I need ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What is wrong with your current aerial? I ask because a lot of problems with that type of aerial are down to the plastic toothed rod inside the mast wearing. Does your motor still run but make clicking sound? - if it does then you may only need a new aerial mast.

Worth a mention before you buy more than you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

A garage is not going to fit parts for you. Either fit it yourself or price the whole job with an independent garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

crosstownk wrote:
    What is wrong with your current aerial? I ask because a lot of problems with that type of aerial are down to the plastic toothed rod inside the mast wearing. Does your motor still run but make clicking sound? - if it does then you may only need a new aerial mast.

Worth a mention before you buy more than you need.

It became noisier than usual for about 2 weeks and eventually just died, no sound or anything and stuck in the down position which leads me to believe the motor is dead. Checked the fuse but this was not the problem.

Do you think the motor in the ebay ad looks ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The motor on eBay should do the job - you may have some difficulty if the mounting points are different in any way, but it looks like a universal type with plenty of adapters for the mounting on the 1/4 panel. You may also need to redo some of the wiring connections. It probably won't be as neat as the OE aerial, but should do the job.

Advertisement