Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Benoit Discussion In Here

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

People estimate that he was on roughly half a million dollars a year. But a chunk of that would have gone to his ex-wife and 2 kids in terms of child support, then taxes and then road expenses. And when you keep slicing it all away from his gross income there probably isn't as much left as you'd think and I'd say there was a feeling of being trapped in wrestling.

And thats just from his ex wife alone! Then you have to consider his current home and bills, and what family he did have there as well. All of those in the equation, he had bugger all for himself, as well as to be able to save. The guy was basically living to work, and working to live.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Every interview I've heard him on Mero's come across totally humble. There's been alot of smug people that have come out of this and I don't think he's anywhere near the top of the list.

I'd never call him a never was either. He came out of the business wealthy and then retired. I wish there was more "never was's" like him.

Again though, I'm not saying everything he says is gospel or anything like that. But its unfair to just bash him because of his wrestling ability or a perceived arrogance in my opinion.

Just on the article that I posted from the Washington post, I'd say its the best widely publicised article I've seen on the whole thing. It gives a great overview of everything I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Every interview I've heard him on Mero's come across totally humble. There's been alot of smug people that have come out of this and I don't think he's anywhere near the top of the list.

Which is your opinion, respected but
    Marc Mero wrote:
    "I'm one of the success stories," Mero, 47, says with an ironic laugh. "I'm not dead."

That's not humble, thats just plain arrogance, which you have already pointed out, and given the likes of Eddie Guerrero, Curt Hennig and Andre The Giant, legends in the industry, a stature that Mero will have no chance of reaching. It's a bit disrespectful.

Of course, that's my opinion. :)
    VR!

I think he ironically laughs because it shouldn't be like that. Getting out with your life and and just living onwards shouldn't be the definition of success but because of the way wrestling has been run over the last 20 years and the amount of deaths that have occurred, it has become that way.

I don't see the line being arrogant. It kinda sums wrestling up.

Again I listened to him speaking for an hour on figure four 2 weeks or so ago and he couldn't have been more humble. As I mentioned earlier, the observer highlighted an interview he did a long time ago where he was basically saying the things he's been saying for the last 7 weeks. I'm not saying everything he says is bullet proof but he shouldn't be derided just for the sake of it.

And him being cited in the article doesn't take away what a good piece of writing it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mero's always seemed like a humble guy to me. I remember listening to a shoot interview with him, he knew he wasn't the best wrestler around, but he still came across as a cheerful, genuine guy. Before listening to it, I thought that he was going to be real bitter about wrestling and Sable and everything, but he wasn't like that at all. I don't think he's come across as any different in the last two months. What would he have to be bitter about anyway? He was never a huge wrestling fan, so it wasn't like a childhood dream of his to be the champ. He made plenty of money (probably more than he deserved) and wrestling has helped set him up for life

He's a much better speaker than many of the other guys who've been talking about wrestling on tv recently, so obviously he's the sort of guy the tv shows want. Some things he's said have been questionable but a lot of it is stuff that needs to be said

From the Observer:
    A press conference is being held tomorrow at 10:45 a.m. at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York to release findings from the examination of the brain of Chris Benoit.

Michael Benoit had given Julian Bailes, MD, the Chair of the Department of Neurosurgery at West Virginia University, the rights to examine his son's brain. Benoit will be speaking at the press conference along with Dr. Robert Cantu, the Director of sports Medicine at Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA, and Benoit's lawyer, Cary Itchter.

It is believed the findings will confirm damage that would enable a "diminished capacity" defense in Chris Benoit's slaying of his son and his wife, before killing himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Thanks fozzy.Im looking forward to discovering what the findings were and what condition his brain was in before he did what he did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Have I ever mentioned my dislike for Dave?

Have I ever mentioned my dislike for Dave?

Meltzer?...

Fozzy wrote:
    Meltzer?...

I was asking myself the same so il second that

• Advertisement

Yes. The guy is obviously in the know, no doubt, but he is completely anti WWE. This leads to much of his work being nothing more than anti-WWE propaganda.

Yes. The guy is obviously in the know, no doubt, but he is completely anti WWE. This leads to much of his work being nothing more than anti-WWE propaganda.

I disagree completely. WWE is the reason that he makes most of his money these days and he knows that. If he were to just be anti-WWE for the sake of it and not tell it like it is, then he would lose a lot of customers I'm sure. He praises WWE when they do things right, but they've done so much wrong recently that he's had to call it like it is

Do you think he's been too harsh on WWE in the aftermath of Benoit dying?

Yes in my opinion, he has been terrible in the aftermath of the whole Benoit case, he is part of the Wrestling industry, he should not be exposing the WWE because of his dislike for Vince McMahon.

Exposing the WWE? By hammering home the fact that way too many wrestlers have been dying because of a problem that obviously still exists in WWE? WWE ****ed up big time. I love wrestling, I hate seeing wrestlers die young, and I wish that WWE would cop on and work to eliminate the problems they have instead of denying that any problem exists. Meltzer seems to be of the same opinion

What did you want him to do? Support WWE when they said that their testing program works and that there's no problem with steroids in the company? Because then he'd be a liar as he could obviously see the facts

Yes in my opinion, he has been terrible in the aftermath of the whole Benoit case, he is part of the Wrestling industry, he should not be exposing the WWE because of his dislike for Vince McMahon.

Yep he should have said nothing. Do an 18 page observer on Lucha for the past 8 weeks :rolleyes:

It's in periods of wrestling like this where you need people like him. Just out of curiosity, have you bought the observer in the last 8 weeks?

From Pwtorch:
    Michael Benoit, the father of the late Chris Benoit, will be revealing the findings of a neurological post-mortem examination of Chris tomorrow in a series of major media appearances. He is expected to announce that Benoit had a condition called "frontal lobe syndromes," a result of repeated head trauma that can cause "emotional and/or social withdrawal" and "aggression, outbursts of rage, and violent behavior."

Michael Benoit is scheduled to be on "Good Morning America" on ABC first in the morning, followed by may other media appearances ending with ABC's "Nightline."

He will be doing a lot of radio shows throughout the day in what will amount to his attempt to "clear his son's name" by testifying to medical indications that Benoit truly was suffering from a condition that fundamentally changed who he was and his ability to control his actions.

What isn't know at this point is whether this will reflect positively or negatively on WWE. It depends on several factors, including whether testosterone contributed to his condition and whether WWE should have or could have seen indications of this condition through its "wellness program." Michael Benoit is expected to address his belief of WWE's culpability in his interview in the morning. One source says what Michael has to say will be a "bombshell," but whether it goes beyond what's stated above isn't known tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Update on Benoits State of Brain :

ABC News is confirming that tests conducted by Julian Bailes of the Sports Legacy Institute show that Chris Benoit’s brain was severely damaged at the time he murdered his wife and son before taking his own life. According to the tests his brain resembled that of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient. Bailes said that the damage was the result of lifetime chronic concussions and head trauma.

Chris Benoit was famous for his flying headbutt, which is a lot of stress on the brain each time the maneuver is pulled off. While nothing can justify his actions, this at least helps the coping process.

Fox reports this:
    ATLANTA (AP) -- A doctor who examined brain matter from former pro wrestler Chris Benoit is saying the wrestler had brain damage from multiple concussions that was consistent with what's seen in Alzheimer's patients.

Doctors say the damage from years in the ring may have been a leading cause for Benoit killing his wife, children and himself at their Atlanta-area home in June.

The Sports Legacy Institute, an organization that advances health and wellness of athletes, coordinated the testing using samples of Benoit's brain tissue provided by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, with the permission of Benoit's father.

Despite the results, Dr. Robert Cantu, a member of the institute and chief of neurosurgery service at Emerson Hospital in Concord, Massachusetts, said there was no way to know for sure if the concussions Benoit suffered caused the murder-suicide.

Cantu did say that the brain injury Benoit suffered can cause depression and irrational behavior.

Cantu said Benoit's brain showed the same degenerative processes that doctors working for the institute found in the brains of three National Football League players who committed suicide.

He said there were abnormal protein deposits caused by trauma to Benoit's brain.

Cantu also said there's no evidence so far that steroids contributed to the attack.

Again, no conclusive reason as to why what happened happened, but it's part of an explanation. You've got to wonder about the flying headbutt. I forget who it was, I'm thinking Dave Meltzer, he said he was talking to a WWE agent shortly after Benoit returned from his neck surgery and he said that they shouldn't let Benoit do the flying headbutt anymore. He said that the agent said "you know Chris, he'll do it anyway. What'll we do, fine him?!". Could have been a wise idea

The Observer has a more in-depth report on the conference:
    The results of a brain examination of Chris Benoit found significant damage from both repeated concussions and sub-concussive blows that may have played a part in his killing of himself, his wife and son in late June.

Dr. Julian Bailes of the Department of Neurosurgery at West Virginia University of Dr. Robert Cantu, the Chief of Neurosurgery Service and Director of Sports Medicine at Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA, presented their findings at a press conference this morning in New York. Also speaking were Chris' father Michael Benoit, and Benoit family lawyer Cary Ichter of Atlanta.

Cantu noted that out of the five athletes they have diagnosed with similar problems, including football stars Andre Waters, Terry Long and Mike Webster, the former two of whom committed suicide at a young age, that Benoit's brain showed the highest level of Tao protiens, indicating damage.

"Chris had, by far, the greatest amount of brain damage of the five," Cantu said.

Bailes said the level of damage was enough to explain the suicide and homicides

Neither Michael Benoit nor Ichter would comment on potential litigation. Ichter said the family is still in mourning and has given no thought about, "what steps are appropriate in the legal arena."

The only hint came in a statement by Michael Benoit who said he worked for a company where the top priority was the health and safety of its workers, and only wished his son had worked for a company with those same priorities.

Bailes and Cantu are the leading doctors in the Sports Legacy Institute, which became an official charitable corporation in June. The president of SLI is former WWE wrestler Chris Nowinski, who was not present at the press conference. Nowinski contacted Michael Benoit for the rights to examine Chris' brain. The WWE was not consulted or made aware of any of these findings ahead of time.

In questioning, the doctors downplayed the role of steroids in the case, but couldn't rule it out, only saying there is no medical evidence long-term steroid use causes the damage to the brain Chris Benoit had.

They portrayed the brain examination as the only tangible evidence that has come to light to explain why Chris Benoit may have done what he did, They noted his level of damage would lead to cognitive impairment, major depression and heightened aggression.

Michael Benoit also noted he had read Chris' diary and said it gave the impression of an extremely disturbed person, but that in his limited contact with Chris, a few minute phone call every week or two, he had no indication anything was wrong.

These doctors are saying that the state of his brain is enough to explain why Chris did what he did

It's hard to know how to react to this but it look like its one of the major factors why what hapnened, happened. The report brought me back to a period in 2001 when he was getting his big push. There was one period where he wrestled a TLC match, ladder match, cage match and a bunch of hard hitting matches with Austin all in the space of like 3 weeks (ladder match and TLC happened in the space of 3 days with a bunch of other matches thrown in).

At the time it was great but the thought occurred to me too how in the hell is he doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The Sports Legacy Institute issued the following press release regarding the findings of the brain study done on Chris Benoit:
    Sports Legacy Institute Announces Findings of Forensic Examinations on Wrestler Chris Benoit's Brain

NEW YORK, Sept. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading medical experts associated with the Sports Legacy Institute today appeared with Michael Benoit, father of professional wrestler Chris Benoit, to release the results of neuropathological tests that demonstrate his son suffered from a type of brain damage called Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE), which was found in all regions of his brain. The Sports Legacy Institute (SLI), which oversaw and coordinated the testing, is an independent medical research organization dedicated to studying the long-term effects of head injuries in sports. SLI President Christopher Nowinski contacted Michael Benoit on June 28th, the Thursday after his son's death, to obtain permission to study the wrestler's brain. SLI's research has indicated there is a connection between the repeated head injuries suffered by many athletes involved in contact sports and an aggregation of abnormal Tau proteins in the brain, causing CTE. CTE's most common symptoms include depression, cognitive impairment, dementia, Parkinsonism and erratic behavior. Experts believe that CTE may have been a cause or contributing factor in the Benoit tragedy. While CTE has long been found in boxers, and more recently in NFL football players, the findings of CTE in Benoit suggest that athletes involved in other contact sports may also be at a heightened risk for this type of brain injury.

"When Chris Nowinski contacted me about conducting tests on Chris' brain, I was extremely hesitant given the circumstances surrounding my son's death," said Michael Benoit. "I agreed to the testing after he explained their desire to expand knowledge about the potential brain damage that athletes can suffer from repetitive head injuries in contact sports. When the results were explained to me by the SLI doctors, I was shocked to learn the extent of damage and saddened that he could have been suffering from this without anyone's knowledge. I hope the examination of Chris' brain leads to greater understanding and ultimately helps protect athletes of all ages."

Bennet Omalu, MD, MPH, a leading forensic neuropathologist, the Chief Medical Examiner of San Joaquin County, CA, and founding member of the Sports Legacy Institute examined Chris Benoit's brain as part of the Sports Legacy Project and had also examined the brains of Mike Webster, Terry Long, Andre Waters, and Justin Strzelczyk all of whom were professional football players, died by the age of fifty, and displayed similar psychological and behavioral profiles. Their brains showed evidence of CTE and two of the players -- Long, and Waters -- committed suicide.

Mike Webster died of a heart attack, but suffered from dementia, depression, and exhibited erratic behavior after retiring from football. When Justin Strzelczyk died at the age of 36, he had been telling relatives he was hearing voices from "the evil ones" and then led police on a 40 mile high- speed chase through central New York at speeds up to 100 mph on the wrong side of the highway, which resulted in an explosive crash and his death

"When the SLI approached Michael Benoit about testing Chris' brain as part of the Sports Legacy Project, our goal was to determine if there was evidence of CTE caused by repeated trauma to the head sustained during Chris Benoit's career. We have now confirmed multiple concussions are part of his medical history, along with clinical symptoms associated with CTE," said Julian Bailes, MD, Professor and Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery at West Virginia University School of Medicine and an SLI founding member. "Because my SLI colleagues and I have found evidence of CTE in the brains of four former professional football players, we felt an examination of Chris Benoit's brain may bring awareness to CTE's existence outside of boxers and football players. The findings of CTE in Chris Benoit suggest that there may be a common syndrome among athletes who suffer multiple head injuries in contact sports."

The neuropathological findings were confirmed by other neuropathologists, and correlate with recent findings of an increased risk of depression and cognitive impairment in professional football players who have suffered multiple concussions, according to research conducted by Dr. Bailes and another SLI founding member, Robert Cantu, MD, Chief of Neurosurgery Service and Director of Sports Medicine at Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA, and Co- Director of the Neurologic Sports Injury Center at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, MA.

Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) is a form of brain damage that is best documented in boxers, but can also occur in athletes who played football, ice hockey, rugby, soccer, or any sport associated with impacts to the head. It can only be confirmed by a post-mortem neuropathological immunohistochemical study. While studies show that as many as 20 percent of professional boxers show evidence of CTE, there has been little study of CTE in athletes involved in other contact sports.

According to the examinations, Mr. Benoit's brain exhibited large amounts of abnormal Tau protein, manifested as Neurofibrillary Tangles (NFTs) and Neuropil Threads [NTs]. These represent aggregates of abnormal Tau protein, which are remnants of the cytoskeleton of the brain cells and their connections. Frequent NFTs and NTs were distributed in all regions of the brain including the neocortex, the limbic cortex, subcortical ganglia and brainstem ganglia accompanied by loss of brain cells. Accumulation of abnormal Tau protein in the form of NFTs and NTs in the brain has been confirmed to cause neurodegeneration, cognitive impairment and dementia. There was no other neuropathological evidence for any chronic or acute disorder to explain his clinical symptoms.

"The findings of CTE in Chris Benoit's brain, which are consistent with the previous examinations of athletes who suffered from repeated head traumas, confirm the need for a large-scale study of CTE in athletes who participate in contact sports," said Chris Nowinski, who retired from professional sports after multiple concussions and conceived SLI, a collaboration of doctors and advocates that includes renowned attorney Robert Fitzsimmons, who played an integral role. "The link between CTE and contact sports is clear. We need to conduct more research to understand the full spectrum of the disease and raise awareness so parents, coaches, medical staff and athletic officials know how to respond when athletes, including children, sustain head injuries. If we apply this knowledge we believe we can successfully prevent future cases."

The Sports Legacy Institute is dedicated to studying the effects of concussions and other sports related brain injuries. Through its efforts, SLI aims to maximize the safety and vitality of all athletes who participate in contact and collision sports around the globe. The designation of the Sports Legacy Institute as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation is in the process of being submitted. The Sports Legacy Institute relies on donations from concerned parties to fund its work.

Sports Legacy Institute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

This was on Rajah
    There is a long article in today’s Los Angeles Times on the Sports Legacy Institute’s study on Chris Benoit’s brain. In the article, WWE issued the following statement in response:

"Today's attempt to explain that Chris Benoit's murder of his family was possibly caused by some form of dementia as a result of alleged concussions is speculative. WWE can certainly understand the anguish of a father having to deal with the fact that his son allegedly murdered his wife and young son, as Chris Benoit is alleged to have done. We respect the desire of that father to do whatever he can to find some explanation as to why his son might commit such horrible acts."

WWE spokeswoman Jennifer McIntosh was quoted in the article saying, "no medical records of [Benoit] suffering a concussion. We don't have any answers as to why Chris did what he did. We're still awaiting the law enforcement investigation to be concluded."

Click here to read the full article.

After a week where we were given a picture of what a WWE's wrestlers brain looked like in Chris Benoit, which was described by a doctor as resembling an 85 year old alzheimer's patient.

And after a week where the Sports Legacy Institute discussed the side effects of concussions, the WWE has decided not only to dismiss the findings but to headline their website on an article with videos and photos entitled "Chair Classic Moments" http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/5046390/chairclassics07

I think their intentionally trying to bait people with stuff like this. Nobody could be this ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ha never thought about that till now , does seem awful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Dunno how WWE can dismiss the findings from the SLI institute out of hand or maybe i do , the amount of times benoit did the diving headbutt off the top rope in his career must be in the thousands, your talking a good few feet in the air to leap off of and then crashing into skin and bone or the mat if you miss, its cranial trauma plain and simple, do that night in and night out for years on end and its bound to have an effect no 2 ways about it

WWE has buried benoit literally and figuratively, they want to forget about him because of what he did, and any link to WWE and what happens in the ring will be furiously denied or ignorantly brushed aside ala the chair shot and statement about the SLI findings on WWE.COM atm.

And in answer to one of the previous posters, yes i do think that WWE can be that tactless and ignorant, everythig to do with WWE passes through vinces hands for approval, and everyday he is showing himself to be a truly reprehensible human being, shame that as i was in his corner for awhile but not any longer

Shin

• Advertisement

A tabloid in America reported this week that "Chris Benoit had an affair with a female wrestler in Edmonton in 1986, which resulted in the woman giving birth to his daughter. Apparently Benoit never denied that the child was his and now both women are looking to claim a part of his estate."

Fozzy wrote:
    A tabloid in America reported this week that "Chris Benoit had an affair with a female wrestler in Edmonton in 1986, which resulted in the woman giving birth to his daughter. Apparently Benoit never denied that the child was his and now both women are looking to claim a part of his estate."

Yep, that was in the Enquirer last week. I'll try and and find the article.

Here:
    TRAGIC wrestler Chris Benoit had a secret love child - and she's come forward to stake her claim to his multimillion-dollar will, The ENQUIRER has learned exclusively.
    "I felt I was so close to finally being accepted by my father;' said 20-year-old Lindsay Ingram, who's still stunned by the double murder-suicide that took the lives of Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel.
    Both Benoit and Lindsay's mom, Lilian Smolcic, were 18-year-old up-and-coming wrestlers in their hometown of Edmonton, Alberta,Canada, when they began a romance in 1986. After six months of dating, Lilian, whose ring name was Lisa Leigh, learned she was pregnant.
    "He never tried to deny he was the father - we both knew it was 110 percent his baby;' she explained.
    Lilian hoped Chris would ask her to marry him.

"WHEN LINDSAY WAS 3 MONTHS OLD I took her to see him wrestling;' said Lilian. "I was hoping that when he saw her it would spark something.
    "All the time Chris was in the ring he kept looking at Lindsay in her stroller. He couldn't take his eyes offher. But afterward he wouldn't talk to me:' Lilian's wrestling career was over, but Chris was on his way to superstardom in the United States.
    "At one point I was struggling so badly I had to apply for welfare;' said Lilian. "They asked me about Lindsay's father - then told me how hard it would be for me, living in Canada, to get support from someone in tlle States. So I figured what had happened had happened, Lindsay was my responsibility - and I had to take care of everything myself." Lindsay told The ENQUIRER exclusively that she briefly saw her father when she was 13, but their reunion was cut short by his wife Nancy.
    Their next meeting was considerably more emotional, says a witness.
    When Lindsay was 16, in 2004, Benoit returned to Edmonton to be honored by the city after winning the world championship. Lindsay, with \ a pal and the pal's mother, " waited in line for three hours to meet him. Lindsay brought with her a picture of Benoit and her mother. when they were teenagers.
    Her friend's mother, I Rene Wilson, 67, told The ENQUIRER: "While we waited in line, Lindsay got scared that she was going to be publicly rejected, so I went first.
    I showed Chris the picture - and told him: 'Your daughter Lindsay is standing right behind me.' "Lindsay came forward shyly and he said:
    'Hi, sweetie, how are you?' "She said: 'I'm fine, Dad. I just want you to recognize me as your daughter:
    "Lindsay started crying - and I saw tears coming to Chris' eyes. Suddenly he got up, crying, and hurried out somewhere in the back.' Lindsay never saw her father again.
    And now Lindsay wants to have a piece of what her famous father left behind.
    "I think it's only fair that I share in the will;' she told The ENQUIRER.
    "I have a right to be included. He never did anything to help my mom - and there were so many times when she had to struggle to raise me:'

by DAVID WRIGHT

Why cant they just leave this case to rest.Since they have mentioned who has the right to claim his estate,everyone has been coming forward for a piece of the pie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I think this might be the most viewed topic in this forums history. 20000 and counting

The Irish promotion's sticky has a good 10,000 more views, but that includes the views when it was three separate threads

A tv station in Atlanta say they have details of what was in Benoit's diary:
    ATLANTA -- Channel 2 Action News has learned exclusive details of the entries in wrestler Chris Benoit's diary.

His father's attorney believes the wrestler's writings show signs of dementia and depression years before Benoit killed his wife, child and himself.

The photocopied first page of the diary is inscribed, 'To Christopher from Nancy,' with the date November 25, 2005.

All the handwritten entries are addressed to Eddie Guerrero, a close wrestling friend of Benoit's, who died the same year of an enlarged heart.
    "He was upset, very upset, about Eddie's death. He says in a number of places how much he loved Eddie and what dear friends they were. He also says at one point that, 'I will be with you soon,' so it appears as though he was having some thoughts about his own mortality," said Carry Ichter, Benoit's father's attorney.

The entries also speak of Benoit's love and admiration for his wife, Nancy, and son, Daniel -- both of whom he killed in the weekend of June 22.
    He spoke of the exhaustion, drudgery and loneliness of the road, but did not describe abusing drugs.

"It's plain that he was depressed. It's plain that he was beginning to exhibit some of the signs of the dementia that's associated with the brain injuries he sustained because he talks in there about not being able to remember things," said Ichter. "Chris, at the end had become intensely paranoid, to the point that he would not take the same route to the airport on a consistent basis, to the point that he would not allow the family outside of the house."

The diary was found in the trash outside Benoit's Fayetteville home shortly after the deaths.

Ichter, who has known Benoit for years, is now representing his father in the legal process which will decide who is heir to Benoit's multi-million dollar estate -- his children from a prior marriage or the family of his wife, Nancy. They left no will.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14109745/detail.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DerekSmalls

Mr. McMahon dies, Benoit dies.

Mr. McMahon has a secret child, Benoit has a secret child.

What's next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Oh Oh I know Vince puts a chokehold on his son and drugs his wife.....oh wait....actually thats probably a little too much sorry but yeah it is kinda ironic huh?

First significant news on this in about a month is that the families of Chris and Nancy have asked WWE to hand over drug testing documents as part of their court case for Chris's estate. WWE have refused, saying that it will open them up to future lawsuits. If they'd been asked two months ago I'm not so sure they'd have said no, the pressure seems to have eased on them a bit

Congress doesn't seem to have dropped it completely yet though, a couple of weeks ago Lance Storm said that he'd received a letter from congress asking him if he'd be willing to give them details about drug use in wrestling

Fozzy wrote: »
    Congress doesn't seem to have dropped it completely yet though,

It's all very quiet though.

Advertisement