Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Benoit Discussion In Here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

hmm im interested to know what...these 'curious' texts...he sent his friends were..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

HBK wrote:
    hmm im interested to know what...these 'curious' texts...he sent his friends were..

The Wrestling Observer says that he texted Chavo Guerrero on Sunday to tell him to tell one of the higher-ups in WWE to call the police to his house on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

never know what goes on behind closed doors, sad day for the extended family

aaah roysh....hmm........alot of reaction on american news sites to this and why the WWE would try to make money froma 3hour tibute to a 'murderer' ....this is a difficult situation.....

Bryan Alvarez will be on Fight Network Radio at 8:15 our time, as well as sometime within the next hour and a half. I think you can listen to it here: http://www.hardcoresportsradio.com/

HBK wrote:
    aaah roysh....hmm........alot of reaction on american news sites to this and why the WWE would try to make money froma 3hour tibute to a 'murderer' ....this is a difficult situation.....

How did they make any money from it though? I don't think news about the causes of death came out until well into the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:
    Bryan Alvarez will be on Fight Network Radio at 8:15 our time, as well as sometime within the next hour and a half. I think you can listen to it here: http://www.hardcoresportsradio.com/

thanks dude
    Fozzy wrote:
    How did they make any money from it though? I don't think news about the causes of death came out until well into the show

co-sign
    Also its not like they sold the tickets after everyone got the news(which some may perceive as making money off someone).The reality is that even if it didn't happen,RAW was going to have a huge audience with the "major announcement" of the suspect in the "who killed McMahon" storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Sorry, Alvarez will be on at 8:15 our time, and then sometime between 9 and 11 our time

Ph3n0m wrote:

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit

Oh my god...here we go again with the steroid crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Sorry lads I'm a little behind here...

Did Vince McMahon come back so?

Raw started with Vince in the ring in an empty arena, saying that the show was to feature the demise of his Mr McMahon character, but in reality the Benoit family were dead

Fozzy wrote:

ya good point foz..i was thinking the same...although...id imagine vince and a few knew what happened before hand..

Wade Keller has posted on PWTorch.com that there are websites attributing quotes to him saying that a large quantity of steroids were found in Chris' home, but Keller says he never reported that. Just in case anyone's read these quotes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This is really messed up. Did they give a ten bell salute on RAW?

If they did, were there any notable absences on stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

If Benoit was unhappy enough to kill himself, fair enough. But to kill his wife and son. Rot in hell you selfish bastard, I take back every compliment ive thrown your way.

Nancy and Daniel R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

This is really messed up. Did they give a ten bell salute on RAW?

If they did, were there any notable absences on stage?
    Nope, no ten bell salute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

CNN have reported that there will be a press conference at 3 pm over there which I'm pretty sure means it'll be on at 8pm over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

Fox news have just reported that Chris Benoit strangled his wife Nancy, before smothering his son Daniel. Chris then took his own life by hanging himself.....

very very sad to here.

• Advertisement

The Atlanta police have scheduled a press conference for 8pm our time.....This should clear up a few things...its going to be live on skysports news guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Archimedes wrote:
    If Benoit was unhappy enough to kill himself, fair enough. But to kill his wife and son. Rot in hell you selfish bastard, I take back every compliment ive thrown your way.

Nancy and Daniel R.I.P

Sad to say it but I'd have to agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

HBK wrote:
    The Atlanta police have scheduled a press conference for 8pm our time.....This should clear up a few things...its going to be live on skysports news guys
    are you sure its on

i read that he may of killed the wife in a domistic dispute by a accident and the paniced and killed the son and then himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

what the **** , i just heard about this now ,im shocked , for **** sake what was goin on in that mans head

Very sad

RIP

The police have already said that his wife was killed by stranglation and his son was killed by suffication, chris was found hanging in the weights room.

The fight network have also removed their tribute video. Let wait for the press conference as i feel there is more to this still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

breaking news on the sky sports info bar stating Atlanta police will confirm the cause of death at 8 pm our time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The Atlanta Police news conference will on sky sports news at 8pm :(

Archimedes wrote:

Nancy and Daniel R.I.P

Lets try and wait until we hear exactly what happened and not just the media speculating.
    If you want to talk about your feelings towards Chris benoit the family man, you can't really because you didn't know him playing that roll .I think since this is a pro wrestling forum,we should try and talk about the pro wrestling side of if.As a wrestling fan, im going to miss him immensely.I don't think that we will see anyone like him for a long long time,if ever

V!alli wrote:
    breaking news on the sky sports info bar stating Atlanta police will confirm the cause of death at 8 pm our time
    anyone know of anywhere on the net that will show it live?

• Advertisement

are you sure its on

yup...they said it and hour ago that they would bring us the conference live as it happens...yada yada...the usual 'sky sports news' im talkin bout..should of cleared that up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

fatal wrote:
    anyone know of anywhere on the net that will show it live?
    FOX News will be carrying it live on their website. Don't know of any others.

^^thanks guys

anybody else notice on WWE.com now its as if there beginning to distance themselves from the Benoit thing, earlier the whole site was about it, now its down to just 2 links, there press release, and the offical storey...hmmm

I'm not able to watch that press conference, but listening to Bryan Alvarez on the radio, he says that he's done so many interviews today and that the questions that keep coming up are about steroids and brain trauma. He says that it looks like it's going to be a huge mainstream issue from what he's seen so far

EDIT: Just hearing that they found legal painkillers in Chris' house. Not a huge surprise there, he did break his neck afterall

Fozzy wrote:
    I'm not able to watch that press conference, but listening to Bryan Alvarez on the radio, he says that he's done so many interviews today and that the questions that keep coming up are about steroids and brain trauma. He says that it looks like it's going to be a huge mainstream issue from what he's seen so far

EDIT: Just hearing that they found legal painkillers in Chris' house. Not a huge surprise there, he did break his neck afterall

yea there were several questions asked about whether it was steroid related or not.He just said that his wife was bound
    What did he say was beside his son' and wife' bodies?

watching this live on cnn - ****ing unbelievable

Officials are now saying the following:

At 2pm yesterday police received a call from WWE for a welfare cheque on Benoit. Officers arrived and searched and found 3 bodies inside the home - identified as Benoit, his wife and his son.

Autopsies carried out - evidence suggest the following:

Benoit possibly Friday murdered his wife by asphyxiation, and did the same for his son - and then commited suicide - that is how they are ruling it. However they are still waiting for more info from the crime lab - but that is the ruling from doctors at the crime lab. So it is a double murder/suicide.

No suicide note.

No confirmation on "smothering" of son - officer at press release classed both as "asphyxiation"

No illegal substances found - prescription medication were found - all believed to be legal. However there were anabolic steroids found.

Text message sent to co -worker (obviously Chavo as reported on wrestlingobserver.com)

Reporter asked was anabolic steroid related to deaths - officers said no, and unknown if they affected his state of mind

According to doc several hours, no more then a day between deaths of wife and son

Toxicology reports will take several weeks

Bodies found in office area (Nancy), bedroom (son)- Benoit found hanging in the basement.

Nancy killed on Friday, son killed on Saturday morning and Chris actually killed himself on Saturday

Officers unwilling to release context of text messages sent.

Bizzare circumstances are: was really just the assistant DA going on about the rare death of a child in their community

Unknown if son was asleep when killed, Nancy was wrapped in a towel.

Reporters asking if there was any reported domestic abuse charges against Benoit. Mentioned an old protective order from 2003.

No motive at the moment, assistant DA says.

Bible placed near each body - Nancy and Kevin's

No 911 calls as far as DA is aware

Nancy and Kevin both found upside.

He used a weight cord (from one of the machines in the weight room) that he used to hang himself.

Next step is to await toxicology reports, but they are confident of their initial findings and re-examine if their conclusions still hold up.

Cannot say for sure if he was "on steroids" although steroids were found

That pretty much verbatim from the live cnn update

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    watching this live on cnn - ****ing unbelievable

Officials are now saying the following:

At 2pm yesterday police received a call from WWE for a welfare cheque on Benoit. Officers arrived and searched and found 3 bodies inside the home - identified as Benoit, his wife and his son.

Autopsies carried out - evidence suggest the following:

Benoit possibly Friday murdered his wife by asphyxiation, and did the same for his son - and then commited suicide - that is how they are ruling it. However they are still waiting for more info from the crime lab - but that is the ruling from doctors at the crime lab. So it is a double murder/suicide.

No suicide note.

No confirmation on "smothering" of son - officer at press release classed both as "asphyxiation"

No illegal substances found - prescription medication were found - all believed to be legal. However there were anabolic steroids found.

Text message sent to co -worker (obviously Chavo as reported on wrestlingobserver.com)

Reporter asked was anabolic steroid related to deaths - officers said no, and unknown if they affected his state of mind

According to doc several hours, no more then a day between deaths of wife and son

Toxicology reports will take several weeks

Bodies found in office area (Nancy), bedroom (son)- Benoit found hanging in the basement.

Nancy killed on Friday, son killed on Saturday morning and Chris actually killed himself on Saturday

Officers unwilling to release context of text messages sent.

Bizzare circumstances are: was really just the assistant DA going on about the rare death of a child in their community

Unknown if son was asleep when killed, Nancy was wrapped in a towel.

Reporters asking if there was any reported domestic abuse charges against Benoit. Mentioned an old protective order from 2003.

No motive at the moment, assistant DA says.

Bible placed near each body - Nancy and Kevin's

No 911 calls as far as DA is aware

Nancy and Kevin both found upside.

He used a weight cord (from one of the machines in the weight room) that he used to hang himself.

Next step is to await toxicology reports, but they are confident of their initial findings and re-examine if their conclusions still hold up.

Cannot say for sure if he was "on steroids" although steroids were found

That pretty much verbatim from the live cnn update

it was said that all the anaboli steroids were presciption.Like fozzy said thats really no surprise considering the conidition of his neck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

scott bower is quoted as saying there was a bible next to nancy and daniel but none beside him.i think he knew he was going to hell

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Thanks for that Ph3n0m. Cant see the conference myself

a full talk show in it on http://www.hardcoresportsradio.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im gutted from what i heard from the conference

Benoit why

i can't bare to watch last nights raw

im so torn up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

none of this makes any sense. no word on a motive? (not that there is justification for such actions)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Just saw that press conference on FOX, Jesus Christ its spine chilling. The're throwing around this "Roid Rage" as a reason for him flipping out, seems a bit over the top, but then it is FOX.

Mauro Ranallo on Fight Network Radio is being very serious about how this is because of wrestling and the wrestling business needs to be cleaned up. He's a big wrestling fan. He said he was talking to a friend of Nancy (or her sister, I forget) and she said the family were planning to go down and visit Harry Smith and Nattie Neidhart soon and that there were no signs of anything wrong

Debate going on as to whether it's a "wrestling death" or not, I'd be inclined to say not. But if leads to reducing the use of steroids and painkillers in wrestling then that's a good thing. Really looks like this is going to be a story about drugs and steroids rather than what I think it really is

dont want 2 believe this but benoit is cunnt for doing what he did

WWE have removed Benoit's profile from their site and TNA have removed the mention from their site. WWE won't be distributing Raw to stations this week, so you won't be seeing any replays of it on Sky Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Listening to this is just bizzare, the WWE have been spot on so far in this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement