Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Benoit Discussion In Here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't want to over do it with the posting or news reports but this seems very relevant. From the observer site:

X: Chris Benoit’s personal physician met with him the day of the murder, according to an Associated Press report. Dr. Phil Astin also said he prescribed testosterone to Benoit because of a low count being produced by his body. Astin said that condition likely stemmed from previous steroid use. Here is the link: http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=94290

X: There are other details soon to surface nationally about the murder/suicide that include Nancy Benoit meeting with Astin the day before her murder to try and gain information about treating her son Daniel. WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt told me Daniel was suffering from Fragile X, which is an inherited mental impairment that causes autistic-like symptoms [more information about the disease can be found at FragileX.org]. McDevitt said it’s believed that Nancy Benoit was struggling trying to cope with Daniel after undergoing neck surgery. One question that can be posed is this: If Chris Benoit killed his wife in a fit of rage stemming from a confrontation about Daniel, did he later kill his son because of concerns about who would take care of a needs child while he was in prison? While this doesn’t make Benoit’s actions any more justifiable, the scenario may shed some light on why Chris Benoit killed his son before taking his own life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,008 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I don't want to over do it with the posting or news reports but this seems very relevant. From the observer site:

X: Chris Benoit’s personal physician met with him the day of the murder, according to an Associated Press report. Dr. Phil Astin also said he prescribed testosterone to Benoit because of a low count being produced by his body. Astin said that condition likely stemmed from previous steroid use. Here is the link: http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=94290

X: There are other details soon to surface nationally about the murder/suicide that include Nancy Benoit meeting with Astin the day before her murder to try and gain information about treating her son Daniel. WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt told me Daniel was suffering from Fragile X, which is an inherited mental impairment that causes autistic-like symptoms [more information about the disease can be found at FragileX.org]. McDevitt said it’s believed that Nancy Benoit was struggling trying to cope with Daniel after undergoing neck surgery. One question that can be posed is this: If Chris Benoit killed his wife in a fit of rage stemming from a confrontation about Daniel, did he later kill his son because of concerns about who would take care of a needs child while he was in prison? While this doesn’t make Benoit’s actions any more justifiable, the scenario may shed some light on why Chris Benoit killed his son before taking his own life.

well, i've read about similar cases where psychiatrist's said the father's reason was exactly that- they believe they are doing the best thing for the child by taking his/her life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Speaking of Steve Austin, his ex-wife is going public on his alleged steroid abuse and subsequent attacks

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3607731&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Doctor J wrote:
    Speaking of Steve Austin, his ex-wife is going public on his alleged steroid abuse and subsequent attacks

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3607731&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

yea read a similar article earlier today.****ing hell it seems like they are all coming out now to link these deaths to steroids alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bret Hart was just on the phone on CNN Headline a few minutes ago, he mentioned that his friends and people at the WWE wouldn't stand by if he was in trouble with the steroids or that the testing should have been up to par. All sorts of gruesome details of what happened coming to light. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

His son suffered from a disease which causes mild mental retardation as well as some of the affects of autism.Which is very difficult for a family to deal with and has been known to split families up. His wife had said she was tired of being at home with the son and didn't want to be a stay at home mom, With his 300 day a year work schedule thats where alot of the problems occur.

His friends and coworkers all said he loved his son dearly so this would be a major issue.

The way it is being reported some places he got into an argument with his wife over his son, he probably did lose it with her and could very well have strangled her.

Then realising that he would go to jail leaving his son alone and with no one to care for him properly like he could. He thought it would be best to all go together. That could by why it all happened over three days, the murders werent overly violent.

I am not saying this is any more rational or excusing Benoit of anything but the actions were calculated and deliberate and were not in a mad rage. he even contacted several wrestlers with his address so the bodies would be found.

Who knows what was going through his head but he was a wrestler for 22 years and few people ever had a bad word to say about him. He was considered polite and helpful and referred to as a gentleman.

It must take something drastic for a man to do what he did, and I doubt anybody will ever know what truly happened.

Again I'm not defending him or his actions and am as shocked and disgusted at the situation than anyone.

But there has to be something more to this story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Watch the video of Booker T - feel that some of it is scripted, but I firmly believe that his opinion of Benoit from day to day experience is very honest

# Wrestler and Wife Argued Over Child Care
    ATLANTA (AP) -- In the days before pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and child and hanged himself, the couple argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, an attorney for the wrestling league said Wednesday. "I think it's fair to say that the subject of caring for that child was part of what made their relationship complicated and difficult, and it's something they were both constantly struggling with," said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment. "We do know it was a source of stress and consternation." McDevitt said the wrestling organization learned from the couple's friends and relatives that the Benoits were struggling with where to send the boy to school since he had recently finished kindergarten. He also said Benoit's wife didn't want him to quit wrestling, but she "wanted him to be at home more to care for the kid. She'd say she can't take care of him by herself when he was on the road."
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WRESTLER_DEAD?SITE=NCBER&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

# Benoit's doctor said he met with the wrestler day of the killings
    Professional wrestler Chris Benoit met with his personal physician hours before he allegedly killed his wife and son and then hanged himself in his basement, the doctor said Wednesday. "He was in my office on Friday to stop by just to see my staff," said Dr. Phil Astin of metro Atlanta. "He certainly didn't show any signs of any distress or rage or anything."
    http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=94290

# Pro Wrestling Wife Claims Drug Abuse, Domestic Violence 'Out of Hand in the WWE'
    The former wife of pro wrestling superstar "Stone Cold" Steve Austin broke what had been a court-imposed silence and charged that "domestic and drug abuse is out of hand in the WWE and something needs to be done about it." Debra Williams' stunning charge, reported Wednesday by MyFoxColorado.com, comes in the wake of the grisly discovery of the bodies of Chris Benoit and his wife, Nancy-Daus Benoit, and 7-year-old son, Daniel.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286924,00.html

# WWE and USA Wrestle With Fallout From Chris Benoit Case
    WWE Chairman Vince McMahon issued a non-apology last night for his organization's three-hour tribute to pro wrestler Chris Benoit that aired Monday night on the USA Network. USA itself had no comment on having telecast a three-hour tribute to a man who, according to authorities, over the weekend bound and strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son and placed Bibles next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine pulley several hours and possibly as long as a day later.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/26/AR2007062602234_pf.html

# King Booker remembers Chris Benoit
    11 News Sports' Butch Alsandor interviews Houston wrestler King Booker about the death of Chris Benoit.
    Video interview - http://www.khou.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=154648

# Lex Luger Talks About Chris Benoit
    Former professional wrestler Lex Luger who lives in the Metro Atlanta area told 11Alive News Wednesday that he is shocked and saddened by the death of Chris Benoit.
    http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?s=rss&storyid=57831

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Ph3n0m wrote:
    # Lex Luger Talks About Chris Benoit
    Former professional wrestler Lex Luger who lives in the Metro Atlanta area told 11Alive News Wednesday that he is shocked and saddened by the death of Chris Benoit.
    http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?s=rss&storyid=57831

When did Luger go all HBK?:confused:
    He looks awful twitchy!

Booker looked pretty upset scripted or not!

EDIT: Actually Luger does make some good points about wrestlers not having proper representation!
    Interesting stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

What really f*cks me off about this is that the USA Network are throwing all the blame over to WWE with their statment of "they know more than we do, it's all coming out of their camp".

What absolute horsesh*t. As far as they knew, Benoit was attending a family emergency. How was Vince and Co going to know he was planning to murder his family and then off himself?

Words fail me...
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

watched pti and around the horn last night and mcmahon is taking a beating with wwe's comments that steriods had nothing to do with it before a toxicology report was even in.

Non wrestling sites and magazines etc are talking about the govt possibly being brought in to regulate it,akin to baseball's steriod issue.

65 wrestlers have died before the age of 50 since 1985,something must be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

What really f*cks me off about this is that the USA Network are throwing all the blame over to WWE with their statment of "they know more than we do, it's all coming out of their camp".

What absolute horsesh*t. As far as they knew, Benoit was attending a family emergency. How was Vince and Co going to know he was planning to murder his family and then off himself?

Words fail me...
    VR!

I agree.....
    I don't think that Vince could or anyone in the WWE could have done anything to save them once they he told them that he was attending a family emergency.If Vince had said that he had to be at Vengeance Vince would have been seen as prick by everyone........I mean what sort of an employer doesn't give their employees a couple of days off to attend family emergencies?However im not exactly sure of when benoit requested that he not be at Vengeance but as far as I know,it was after he had committed one of the murders

65? Where might one find such a list and does it also include wrestlers who died in accidents (for example Dino Bravo was shot dead, and plenty more were killed in accidents/murdered, etc)

raven136 wrote:
    Non wrestling sites and magazines etc are talking about the govt possibly being brought in to regulate it,akin to baseball's steriod issue.

65 wrestlers have died before the age of 50 since 1985,something must be done

To be fair dude, not all of those deaths were steroid related. The Von Erichs were suicide, Mike Awesome was suicide, Hennig was a drug overdose, Adrian Adonis and Junkyard Dog were car crashes, Yokozuna and Andre were heart failure, do you seriously think they needed nevermind took steroids?

Of course you may not have meant due to steroids, but given by the post, you can see how it looks accusing.

VR!

Ph3n0m wrote:
    65? Where might one find such a list and does it also include wrestlers who died in accidents, etc or are they lumping just all dead wrestlers together (for example Dino Bravo was shot dead, and plenty more were killed in accidents/murdered, etc)

I know on wrestleview.com theres a list of wrestling deaths, and that does include accidents.

I like how you think ;)
    VR!

Ph3n0m wrote:
    65? Where might one find such a list and does it also include wrestlers who died in accidents, etc or are they lumping just all dead wrestlers together (for example Dino Bravo was shot dead, and plenty more were killed in accidents/murdered, etc)

65 is the number quoted by sports illustrated and espn,check out you tube for last nights pti or around the horn.Couldnt imagine that within that 65 natural causes arent a factor.
    juts seems to me that wwe wont ride this one out so easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

the sun posted today that he injected his 7 year old son with Steroids

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2007290539,00.html

The Bull wrote:
    the sun posted today that he injected his 7 year old son with Steroids

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2007290539,00.html

He had to, and they were prescribed. He suffered from Fragile X syndrome!
    Props to the Sun and it's quality reporting! :rolleyes:

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

VR!

I thought that alright but these **** will try to put as much spin on it as possible without list the whole facts, just to sell another paper, a real classey paper :rolleyes:

my problem with such lists are they will list anyone associated with wrestling

http://www.wrestleview.com/info/faq/deaths.shtml - has Lord Alfred Hayes - who wasnts even a mainstay IN the ring

Here is a compiled list of wrestlers and their deaths (please note C.O.D take from the Wiki, plus it does not cover every single wrestler)

Chris Von Erich - 21 - Suicide
    Mike Von Erich - 23 - Suicide
    Louie Spiccoli - 27 - Drugs OD
    Art Barr - 28 - Aneurysm/unknown circumstances
    Gino Hernandez - 29 - Cocaine OD
    Jay Youngblood - 30 - Ruptured his spleen in a match and had a series of heart attacks
    Rick McGraw - 30 - Heart attach
    Joey Marella - 30 - Fell asleep at the wheel and crashed while driving home (he was a referee)!!!!
    Ed Gatner - 31 - no info found
    Buzz Sawyer - 32 - Heart attack
    Crash Holly - 32 - Dugs OD
    Kerry Von Erich - 33 Suicide
    D.J. Peterson - 33 - Motorcycle Crash
    Eddie Gilbert - 33 - Heart attack
    The Renegade - 33 - Suicide
    Owen Hart - 33 Accident
    Chris Candido - 33 Complications from surgery
    Adrian Adonis - 34 - Accident
    Gary Albright - 34 - Heart attack
    Bobby Duncum Jr. - 34 - accidental prescription drug overdose
    Yokozuna - 34 Heart Failure
    Big Dick Dudley - 34 - kidney failure
    Brian Pillman - 35 - Enlarged heart (previously undetected heart condition)
    Marianna Komlos - 35 - Breast Cancer
    Pitbull #2 - 36 - Drug OD
    The Wall/Malice - 36 - Heart attack
    Leroy Brown - 38 - unknown
    Mark Curtis - 38 - stomach and bowel cancer
    Eddie Guerrero - 38 - acute heart failure, caused by undiagnosed arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease
    Davey Boy Smith - 39 - past anabolic steroid use may have played a part in his death- Offical COD was Heart attack
    Johnny Grunge - 39 - sleep apnea complications
    Vivian Vachon - 40 - road accident
    Jeep Swenson - 40 - Heart failure
    Brady Boone - 40 - accident
    Terry Gordy - 40 - heart attack
    Bertha Faye - 40 - heart attack
    Billy Joe Travis - 40 - unknown
    Chris Benoit - 40 - suicide
    Larry Cameron - 41 - unknown
    Rick Rude - 41 - overdose of "mixed medications".
    Randy Anderson - 41 - cancer
    Bruiser Brody - 42 - murdered
    Miss Elizabeth - 42 - drug OD
    Big Boss Man - 42 - heart attack
    Earthquake - 42 - bladder cancer
    Mike Awesome - 42 - suicide
    Biff Wellington - 42 - heart attack
    Ray Candy - 43 - unknown
    Nancy Benoit (Woman) - 43 - murdered
    Dino Bravo - 44 - murdered
    Curt Hennig - 44 - cocaine od
    Bam Bam Bigelow - 45 - OD
    Jerry Blackwell - 45 - unknown
    Junkyard Dog - 45 - accident
    Hercules - 45 - heart disease
    Andre the Giant - 46 - congestive heart failure
    Big John Studd - 46 - liver cancer and Hodgkin's disease
    Chris Adams - 46 - shot dead
    Mike Davis - 46 - heart attack
    Hawk - 46 - heart attack
    Dick Murdoch - 49 - heart attack
    Jumbo Tsuruta - 49 - complications of the kidney transplant.
    Rocco Rock - 49 - heart attack
    Sherri Martel - 49 - autopsy ongoing

****,thats a lot of heart attacks!!!!

"call it sports,call it wrestling but whatever you call it realise people are dying from it.They are dying beacuse they believe bigger muscles lead to bigger paychecks.But nobody is telling them that they cant spend it if they are dead"-Chris Mannix(sports illustrated)

• Advertisement

yeah but take away the heart related deaths and you still have 46 deaths relating from suicide to murder to accident (excluding Andre the Giant, who died basically because his body was too big for his heart)

plus atleast 2 were referees and atleast 3 were valets

Ph3n0m wrote:
    yeah but take away the heart related deaths and you still have 46 deaths relating from suicide to murder to accident (excluding Andre the Giant, who died basically because his body was too big for his heart)

Quoted for truth, and as i said, some of those heart attacks weren't even steroid related. Look at Yokozuna and Dick Murdoch! They got heart attacks cos their heart was either not getting enough, or too much exercise. Period!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Vince McMahon was on NBC last night, article on what happened here: http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=20028

And a link to an article about wrestling fans being outraged over coverage of the situation on CNN: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/295264/wrestling_fans_going_to_war_with_nancy.html They claimed Benoit may have been angry after being demoted from the Four Horsemen to Raw...

8 drugs overdose
    15 heart attacks
    6 suicides

what other sport has the same rate of death from the above issues as wrestling.I love wrestling but i dont love it with rose tinted glasses,step back a bit and realise the non controlling of body size and too much workload is killing our heroes and idols.

seems to me some people dont want to belive that steriods is a dangerous epidemic afflicting wrestling right now.

do you not find something stomach churning at mcmahon saying steriods had nothing to do with this before even the authorities could be sure of that.

congress should be checking this out like baseball or wwe/wrestling should have an independent watchdog.
    pacman jones got suspended for a year for dope use in the nfl,rvd got stripped of a title for the same offence

raven136 wrote:
    8 drugs overdose
    15 heart attacks
    6 suicides

what other sport has the same rate of death from the above issues as wrestling.I love wrestling but i dont love it with rose tinted glasses,step back a bit and realise the non controlling of body size and too much workload is killing our heroes and idols.

seems to me some people dont want to belive that steriods is a dangerous epidemic afflicting wrestling right now.

do you not find something stomach churning at mcmahon saying steriods had nothing to do with this before even the authorities could be sure of that.

congress should be checking this out like baseball or wwe/wrestling should have an independent watchdog.
    pacman jones got suspended for a year for dope use in the nfl,rvd got stripped of a title for the same offence

Unforunately even those figures cannot be lumped together

Each suicide has its own background, so it would be unfair to lump them all together (for example on of the Chris Von Erich killed himself over his frustration of not making it in the ring, despite his love for it)

As for the heart attacks - yes it is possible that wrestling, or should I say the wrestling lifestyle is responsible for some of them - others are quite possibly unrelated, and undetected heart conditions - like Brian Pillman, whose condition was not picked up by WWE or by the Canadian Hockey League when he was tested by them.

As for drugs overdose - people OD all the time, and some of them happen to be involved or were involved in the wrestling scene.

It is not a rose tinted view of the wrestling world, that lead me to check out that list of wrestlers. In fact I am one of the first to scream out for better RnR/Health for wrestlers. Personally 300+ days on the road is simply too much for anyone person.

Yes there are those who have survivied the rigours of the road, but there are others, yes some are from that list, who obviously cannot deal or deal aswell as others have.

Abuse of any substance can have a detrimental effect on anyone - not just wrestlers.

Until such time that wrestling is regulated, and yes it does need regulation then the strain these people put on themselves (wear/tear, training, performing each night, and/all drug intake, etc) will result in young deaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,008 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

VR![/QUOTE]
    Ph3n0m wrote:

yes but i wonder are many of those suicides, over doses, and heart attacks attributable to the wrestling lifestyle? What is the rate of heart attacks and suicides in other major US sports over the last twenty years? Is it proportional to the amount from Wrestling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

VR!

Get your facts straight!

Quote from that article
    "WRESTLING killer Chris Benoit was so obsessed with steroids - he even injected his seven-year-old son with growth hormone.

Daniel - who was murdered by Benoit along with mum Nancy before the WWE star committed suicide - was found with needle marks in his arms.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard confirmed the findings, saying Daniel had been given growth hormones for some time because Chris and Nancy considered him to be undersized.

He added: "The boy was very small, even dwarfed."

" Unquote.

AFAIK Steroids are not used in the treatment Fragile X syndrome.
    Growth Hormone is used to treat Dwarfism.
    It is abused by athletes in conjunction with anabolic steroids.
    I would hope that it was medically prescribed and not "because Chris and Nancy considered him to be undersized"
    If they were medically prescribed then they would have been administered by a professional.

yes but i wonder are many of those suicides, over doses, and heart attacks attributable to the wrestling lifestyle? What is the rate of heart attacks and suicides in other major US sports over the last twenty years? Is it proportional to the amount from Wrestling?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Deaths_in_sport - I dont know if its proportionate - but the fact is that other sports people die all the time from ODs , murders, suicides, etc

However I wont deny that the wrestling lifestyle is a hell of a lot more stressful then any other sport out there

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Chris Von Erich - 21 - Suicide
    Mike Von Erich - 23 - Suicide
    Kerry Von Erich - 33 Suicide
    Im sorry, I have been out of the pro wrestling loop for a while, only in here cos even though I dont watch anymore, I remember vividly Benoit and Guerrerro at WM20.

Anyway, what is the story here with these 3? Did they all top themselves together of wtf happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Beelzebub wrote:
    Get your facts straight!
    If they were medically prescribed then they would have been administered by a professional.
    Not necesarily - i know of plenty of children who suffer from various ilnesses that require drug administration; and i know of plenty of parents who have learned how to administer the drugs via hospital ran courses, so that they can bring their kids home, and not have to be bringing them to the hospital or a doctors office all the time.

• Advertisement

In the UFC, which has a cross over of fans who like wrestling, Chuck Lidell is/was their biggest draw. He's a fit, athletic, talented guy but he had a bit of a belly on him in his last fight. His last 2 fights have been over 1 million buys in ppv. Nobody cares about the belly. They care about Chuck. Theres a lesson there for WWE.
    Chuck always has a belly. The reson his popularity exploded was because he went on the ultimate fighter show and people saw that he was a down to earth, laid back, no BS tough guy. And people liked that.

Guys like Jericho should be at the top..... talented and able to wrestle, in shape but not enormous, and well well able to work a crowd and talk. Instead look at the champs. Out of the 3 the only good talker is Cena. Batista and Lashley are where they are cos they look like Greek gods.

I'd like to see how many deaths there are in bodybuilding, which I would imagine has a higher proportion of guys on steroids. I can't imagine the death rate is as high as wrestling, so all the blame can't be put on steroids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Beelzebub wrote:
    Steroids are not used in the treatment Fragile X syndrome..

Some types are, "steroids" covers a massive group of medicines to be honest. Also, very rarely are anabolic steroids injected into anything other than muscle tissue, such as the delt, the quad, or the buttock. The fact that he had needle marks on his arms leads me to believe that they were caused from other medications for his Fragile X syndrome.

This is pretty basic stuff than any paper could find out if they wanted to.

Beelzebub wrote:
    Growth Hormone is used to treat Dwarfism. .

Indeed it is, and it's also used to try and deal with the mild dwarfism that suffers of Fragile X have.
    Beelzebub wrote:
    It is abused by athletes in conjunction with anabolic steroids..

Yes it is, but once again is not injected into the arm....think of the little things that diabetics use to administer insulin....that is more along the lines of a GH delivery system.
    Beelzebub wrote:
    I would hope that it was medically prescribed and not "because Chris and Nancy considered him to be undersized".

As far as i am aware scripts have been found in the house to cover any steroids that were found, be they for Daniel's Fragile X or Chris own hypogonadism.
    Beelzebub wrote:

Not at all, the majority of steroidal medicines can easily be administered in the home and in the case of long lived and highly expensive treatments such as Daniels parents are often trained in the administration of such.

There really is a logical answer for everything you have pointed out if you look hard enough. I will reserve judgement on Daniels state until i can find out exactly what the toxicology reports show in his blood and what stage of treatment he was at.

That article seems to once again be getting the wrong end of the stick and small bit of research into the disease itself and the administration of steroids and GH would have quashed it at the editors desk.

Out of the 3 the only good talker is Cena. Batista and Lashley are where they are cos they look like Greek gods.

Batista and Lashley aren't champs anymore. Edge is, and he looks like a regular athletic guy who's also very talented

Fozzy wrote:
    I'd like to see how many deaths there are in bodybuilding, which I would imagine has a higher proportion of guys on steroids. I can't imagine the death rate is as high as wrestling, so all the blame can't be put on steroids

The majority of "sudden deaths" in bodybuilding come from the abuse of dehydrating aids and diuretics as these can play hell with the body. Of course steroid abuse is massively prevalant in bodybuilding but so is education about the subject as well, and the majority of things are cycled safely with the correct PCT treatments as well to ensure no damage is done to the natural endocrine system and liver and kidneys.

At the moment we are dealing with a quite a few deaths though...although the majority of these guys can be traced back to an era when education even in the scene was very limited. Others can be tracked back to times in there lifes when they were very obviously running incredible dangerous cycles to make the gains and changes they did.

Don't get me wrong, steroids are a medicine, and a controlled substance and stand a good chance of messing you up if you don't know what your doing, but the simple fact is they are used everyday to help people over come illness in the right circumstances.

Abuse of anything will lead to a price.

raven136 wrote:

Bullsh*t! People do believe it, but people also love to tag steroids with just wrestling alone. Bodybuilders take them religiously as well but we don't see them popping their clogs year after year.

In this case no, because since when have you ever

1) heard of a case of roid rage lasting 72 hours
    2) someone murdering someone while they were on steroids.
    3) McMahon had already confirmed that he tested negative on his last steroid test.

I believe he did take steroids at one stage give his size in WCW and his size before he died. I also believe Eddie Guerrero was in that same boat too but thats neither here nor there, and Rey Mysterio is another culprit. But the report said the steroids found in his house were prescribed. They didn't say to who though. For all we know they're for the kid who suffered Fragile X.

I'd be up for this but given the immediate judgment and using wrestling as a scapegoat, i'd fear inconsistancies left right and centre.

And for the record, from what i recall RVD got stripped of a title for possession. It's not the same offence. (although it could have been Sabu who was done for possession)

VR!

Fozzy wrote:
    Batista and Lashley aren't champs anymore. Edge is, and he looks like a regular athletic guy who's also very talented

Wasn't Edge a self admitted user of Steroids at one point, around the same time that Shane Helms admitted it too?

VR!

Im sorry, I have been out of the pro wrestling loop for a while, only in here cos even though I dont watch anymore, I remember vividly Benoit and Guerrerro at WM20.

Anyway, what is the story here with these 3? Did they all top themselves together of wtf happened?

Nope - killed themselves seperately and in different years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Erichs

Wasn't Edge a self admitted user of Steroids at one point, around the same time that Shane Helms admitted it too?

VR!

He only admitted it after his wife outted him over the whole Hardy-Lita affair

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    He only admitted it after his wife outted him over the whole Hardy-Lita affair

My point exactly, and he's been championed four times since then. 2x WWE Champion, 1x tag team champion and 1x World Heavyweight Champion.

VR!

VR!

He admitted that he'd used them on a tv interview months before any of the Lita affair stuff came out. He said that when he was recovering from his neck surgery he got a prescription for them as it would help him heal

Fozzy wrote:
    He admitted that he'd used them on a tv interview months before any of the Lita affair stuff came out. He said that when he was recovering from his neck surgery he got a prescription for them as it would help him heal

I stand corrected or in this case, I sit corrected

Fozzy wrote:
    Theyre kind of interlinked in that to be at the top of the food chain in pro wrestling requires a big bodybuilder physique. Couple that up with Hunter Helmsley being the special guest at Mr Olimpia (sp!!) competition.....

I remember readin about a bodybuilder who dies (cant remember his name, ill look it up later) who when his body was found his lips were stuck together from the dehydration caused by all the crap he was taking. The autopsy showed that his body was basically a pharmacutical factory...

And I think Helms said that he only took steroids after having knee surgery and being advised that it was the best treatment plan. I don't see a thing wrong with steroids in cases like this, I've got friends who've been prescribed steroids for illnesses and injuries, it's completely different to someone who uses them just to get a huge body

I remember readin about a bodybuilder who dies (cant remember his name, ill look it up later) who when his body was found his lips were stuck together from the dehydration caused by all the crap he was taking. The autopsy showed that his body was basically a pharmacutical factory...

Andreas Munzer..... and his lips weren't stuck together, thats urban legend.

• Advertisement

Bullsh*t! People do believe it, but people also love to tag steroids with just wrestling alone. Bodybuilders take them religiously as well but we don't see them popping their clogs year after year.

In this case no, because since when have you ever

1) heard of a case of roid rage lasting 72 hours
    2) someone murdering someone while they were on steroids.
    3) McMahon had already confirmed that he tested negative on his last steroid test.

I believe he did take steroids at one stage give his size in WCW and his size before he died. I also believe Eddie Guerrero was in that same boat too but thats neither here nor there, and Rey Mysterio is another culprit. But the report said the steroids found in his house were prescribed. They didn't say to who though. For all we know they're for the kid who suffered Fragile X.

I'd be up for this but given the immediate judgment and using wrestling as a scapegoat, i'd fear inconsistancies left right and centre.

And for the record, from what i recall RVD got stripped of a title for possession. It's not the same offence. (although it could have been Sabu who was done for possession)

VR!
    check out the list of bodybuilders dead from steriod use on athletesagainststeriods.org.
    bodybuilders,baseball,wrestling and weightlifting are all affected by steriods etc and its time they all were regulated

raven136 wrote:
    check out the list of bodybuilders dead from steriod use on athletesagainststeriods.org.
    bodybuilders,baseball,wrestling and weightlifting are all affected by steriods etc and its time they all were regulated

They are all regulated and tested dude.

if you want to chance something then chance the athletes schedules and training so the don't ****ing need gear to be at the top of their game and change fans perspectives who will sit there and DEMAND top notch performance and new records each and every time.

Sweet ****ing jesus is it really that difficult to figure out?

Dragan wrote:
    They are all regulated and tested dude.

if you want to chance something then chance the athletes schedules and training so the don't ****ing need gear to be at the top of their game and change fans perspectives who will sit there and DEMAND top notch performance and new records each and every time.

Sweet ****ing jesus is it really that difficult to figure out?

take baseball for example,barry bonds is going to break the home run record by this seasons end.The fans dont want to see it go,the red sox fans put on blindfolds when he hit two weeks ago.mark maguire was refused admission to cooperstown the last time due to his drugs use.Cycling,noone takes seriously.

so the fans dont have unrealistic expectations for the records,is it the greed of the players or ambitions more to blame.

Testing is not rigorious enough in those sports and only baseball has been properly checked out by congress.
    Cycling has a new charter set up for performers to sign up before the tour and say they have not taken drugs and will forfit their winnings etc if found that they have,TWO HAVE SIGNED UP.
    wwe is not going to allow an independent tester in and fully co operate,it took a sports illustrated sting on a pharmacy to catch orton,helms and edge

Dragan wrote:
    Andreas Munzer..... and his lips weren't stuck together, thats urban legend.
    Thats the guy. Either way, have u read about the amount of **** he had in him when he died??? Sick ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

its been quite a week.. i posted a lot at the beginning when the news first broke but now of the info that has come to light im done with it...ive read all the articles linked, interviews etc and just so depressing. for years people have asked me why do i like wrestling and when stuff like this happens i find it hard to answer that question.. this is the last post for me in this thread, frankly, i dont want to mention benoit's name again.. time to move on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement