Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Agh! Fishbone!

• 26-06-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭

After eating mackerel (smoked, quite nice with a bit of ketchup fyi) I've gotten a nasty little fishbone stuck in my throat. It's quite high up and is causing discomfort on two fronts; firstly, it jabs me every time I swallow and secondly, it triggers my gag reflex every couple of minutes. I am loathe to admit I already coughed up a little vomit, but I assure you in a very polite manner!

Needless to say, the bone's gotta go. Suggestions? Stories? Sexual innuendos?

Comments

Er, I pick sexual innuendo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PushTheButton

Yikes! Very sore. I've always sworn by a good fresh piece of bread since the same thing happened to me as a child. Hurts a little but the theory is that the bone will become lodged in the dough and come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

Happened to me when I was younger. Try eating a big hunk of white bread and it should move it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yep, happened to me before too, and I remember bread working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bandit*baby

Er, I pick sexual innuendo.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Idea !!

You can try bread if the above dosent work

Try youghurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Oh thank God, the bread thing worked. Turns out the trick is to take the biggest mouthful of bread possible. Now I have to go and eat a couple of cubes of butter to balance out the universe.

You guys should set up a small ENT practice :P

Advertisement