Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Statoil on Ushers Quay Dublin about €1.65!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No, it's still a bit dearer than UK standards. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

C_Breeze wrote:
    passed by that yesterday, i thought it was 1.69 ?

I hope i never see the day when those prices are widespread across the country ... then me faints also

you might as i heard they might abolish the vrt but increase petrol prices :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

muletide wrote:
    If you are stupid enough to get on a ferry with an almost empty tank going to a foreign country then you deserve to be ripped off.
    Not if you are going to a country where petrol is supposed to be a lot cheaper than where you are coming from.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

drdre wrote:
    you might as i heard they might abolish the vrt but increase petrol prices :(

Not gonna happen in our lifetime.

What about the thousands of us who already have cars with VRT paid on them? Unless they come up with a way that only people with new or newly imported cars pay the higher price it can't be transferred to the juice.

I really can't see the revenue sending out VRT refund cheques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Just dont buy your petrol there! Theres an esso about 5 mins away in kilmainham. Pretty good prices too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I can get 50 litres of the good stuff in my local garage in Blanchardstown for around €58, there it would cost around €83 for some octane 95 ****!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

mike65 wrote:
    That place is in danger of becoming famous. :)

Mike.
    It already is anytime rte or tv3 do a news broadcast about fuel prices going up they are always outside the Statoil on the quays saying this place is the most expensive in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 baddabing

muletide wrote:
    Its quite simple, I dont really understand all the shock and horror being expressed here. The garage are targeting customers with fuel cards or with price agreements (including Gardai) around 1.15 a litre. They then increase their price so as to keep the forecourt free for these custoimers.

Its the owners business decision, whats the problem, if you really are caught short just buy the minimum two litres and go some where else. No one is forcing you to do your weekly fill in there. Shop around people.

And that line about it being the first petrol station you hit after the ferry is sh1te. If you are stupid enough to get on a ferry with an almost empty tank going to a foreign country then you deserve to be ripped off.

People have little too be outraged about if this is the main topic of a national talk radio show

Spot on, thats it on the head. I totally agree, that if this is what get's our goad up with all the 'really bad' sh1te going on in this country then it's no wonder that the Govt sits there laughing at us as the herd that is led time and again around the bush.

If that garage was not making money, it would close, especially on that location and the price of land! They don't need the normal punter, they have the cops and the state cars to fill, so if you are astronomically stupid enough to go in there by choice, just toss in the hat now, you deserve it.

With the amount of people discussing things on forums like this actually made an effort to enact some real change, it would get done.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

zaph wrote:
    It's probably the first station many cars coming off the ferries pass, so they probably catch a fair few unsuspecting tourists.

That's exactly it.. when the petrol station at the Point was still there, the usher's quay station was always one of the cheapest in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I've found that Tesco's petrol is always cheaper than the Statoil Motorcard. Seriously, people should shop around and not just take the first good deal they see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Elessar wrote:
    I've found that Tesco's petrol is always cheaper than the Statoil Motorcard. Seriously, people should shop around and not just take the first good deal they see.

Yes but some of us live in areas where the price of petrol is inflated. I know it's possible to get petrol for 1.14.9 in some parts of Ireland. But I would have to travel at least 50 miles to get it for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Down here you can pay 112 at Tesco or 118 a couple of miles away at Texaco on Military rd among others.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ahh is it Statoil Ushers quay thread time again? This must be the 3rd time in the last year at least. I'm not goign to read the thread but I'll assume the following has been covered - someone said the cops use it , which is the replied to with the cops have feul cards . Someone says he saw a cop using money once (cops buy things other than petrol, well I never :eek: )

I think its been safely established that the gards have fuel cards and that only people in a bind use the garage.

:)

crosstownk wrote:
    €1.65 :eek:

Crazy. Just crazy. How do they justify this and why do motorists continue to buy at this price. I've a Statoil Fuel Card so my employer pays, but I still wouldn't fill up at that money, on principle.

Quite easily I'd imagine 1) how many garages do you see in the city centre 2) city centre rates etc ( That site would be prime for apartments and is worth millions. and 3) no one has to pay it unless they are dangertousely low on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Kali wrote:
    That's exactly it.. when the petrol station at the Point was still there, the usher's quay station was always one of the cheapest in the city.

Fraid not....Usher's Quay has been a rip off for many many years, long before that Shell was demolished. Anyone remember when that Usher's Quay site hosted Irelands only 7-11?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

zuutroy wrote:
    Fraid not....Usher's Quay has been a rip off for many many years, long before that Shell was demolished. Anyone remember when that Usher's Quay site hosted Irelands only 7-11?

I seem to remember a 7-11 in Terenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Stekelly wrote:
    I seem to remember a 7-11 in Terenure.

Ok, I suppose there's a chance it wasn't the only one...but it was the only one I knew when I was 10 then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

zuutroy wrote:
    It was not really a 7-11 it was a knock of. Some independant guy decided he was going to call his store 7-11.

Was it 5 years ago Ushers Quay used to be the cheapest in Dublin. I dont know whay they charge €1.65 if you go to Tesco's you always find a queue of cars wating for the pumps. I think alot of Fourcourt owners need to reliase that if they bring down thier price to a decent level they will get more customers which equals more profit than they would have made with a hiked up price. Its all about economy of scale. Thats why applegreen entered the market here and their popping up everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Noticed the price there the other week coming home (in a drunken state) on the Nitelink. When i seen it i was so confused and actually taught another war in the Middle-East must have broken out or something!! ... i blame drink.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Kali wrote:
    There is an article in today's Sunday Business Post about how the Dublin Port Company are spending €7m on building a new forecourt at the entrance to the post beside the port tunnel! Maybe this will affect the Statoil's prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hopefully it'll put the **** out of business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement