Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom LOI Midweek Fixtures Tonight!

• 26-06-2007 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Put those barstools way, you finally have an excuse to do something proper on a Tuesday night!

Tuesday June 26

Eircom League of Ireland Premier Division

Drogheda United vs Bray Wanderers - United Park 7.45 (Home)
    Longford Town vs Cork City - Flancare Park 7.45 (Draw)

Eircom League of Ireland First Division

Athlone Town vs Monaghan United - Lisseywoolen 7.45 (Draw)
    Dundalk vs Limerick 37 - Oriel Park 7.45 (Away)
    Kilkenny City vs Wexford Youths - Buckley Park 7.45 (Home)
    Finn Harps vs Kildare County - Finn Park 8.00 (Draw)
    Shelbourne vs Cobh Ramblers - Tolka Park 8.00 (Away)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-1 Drogs Bray , ehh come on bray :D

kdjac

3-1 drogs

1-0 cork

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Stromecek

Finn Harps 2-0 Kildare County
    Harps totally outclassed Kildare from start to finish and it
    could have been 4 or 5 nil. Seamus Browne scored a peach towards
    the end of the first half, beating three defenders then finishing into the
    top corner from the edge of the area. Conor Gethins wrapped the points in the
    second half in a game Harps totally dominated.

Fourth league win on the trot, plus putting Galway out of the cup,
    things are starting to look very promising for us. Leaves us six points behind
    Limerick in third and a game in hand.
    On top of that we're playin the best, most attractive football by far
    in the First Division.:cool:

Club also unveiled the signing of Declan Divin from Institute tonight
    which by all accounts is a great prospect. Also with a new all purpose
    stadium on its way the future is most definetly Blue and White.

Jaysus haven't been this chuffed being a harps fan in ages, used to pain,
    dissapointment interrupted by sporatic outbreaks of optimism only for it to be dashed in the most cruelest of ways and well, just plain depression.
    Looks like finally, Paul Hegarty has started to turn the club around
    after possibly our worst start to a first division season in history.

Up the Harps!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

missed the drogs tonight but heard they were top class with sami ristilla running the show final score was 4-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Poor enough result from Dundalk last night drawing 0-0 with Limerick. Got out of jail though what with Shels doing us a favour by equalizing against Cobh. Dundalk still top....just.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Pighead wrote:
    Got out of jail though what with Shels doing us a favour by equalizing against Cobh.

Really felt we should have won it last night.

Shocking decision by the ref not to send their keeper off for the foul that gave us the peno.

Fantastic match and great atmohphere. Well worth €15. :cool:

James Chambers was outstanding. Serious talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

City edge in against the mighty Longford 1-2. Another brace for O Donovan. I fear what will happen once he is gone - possibly as early as next week. Without his goals this season we would be down 3rd bottom I think.

On the upside, Healy and Farrelly will be ready to go for the next league game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gimmick wrote:
    On the upside, Healy and Farrelly will be ready to go for the next league game!
    Aye, world beaters the pair of them.

We got a decent result last night, and did Dundalk a big favour.

I was pretty happy with it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Zebra3 wrote:
    Really felt we should have won it last night.
    100% Agreed. 3 points were there for the taking. Cobh's 2nd place in the league flatters them.
    Shocking decision by the ref not to send their keeper off for the foul that gave us the peno.
    Ref called it spot on. It was clumsy challenge by the keeper alight but there was no intent, for once this season I thought the ref had a good game last night!
    Fantastic match and great atmohphere. Well worth €15. :cool:
    Aye, pity about the size of the crowd, they missed out. I seriously think there must be a ban on midweek rounds of fixtures, it's not helping the clubs, the fans and the players who have to take days off work.
    Undoubtedly. I still think he has to develop more, he still has a habit of doing brilliantly with the difficult passes and moves but messing up the easiest of passes! In 2 or 3 years he will be playing for a top Premier club, hopefully it will be Shels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ref called it spot on. It was clumsy challenge by the keeper alight but there was no intent, for once this season I thought the ref had a good game last night!
    Ah FFS, and I wasn't even there.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote:

He gave up money to join Shels :confused: Footballers these days just dont get them :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

KdjaCL wrote:
    He gave up money to join Shels :confused: Footballers these days just dont get them :)

kdjac
    That is the lad's attitude! When I played on the same team when I was younger he was like that, committed, determined and wasn't obsessed with showing off to be No.1 like most young players, just wanted to play ball and learn that maturity has carried through to today.

In saying that, I still think he was a nutter for not joining Aberdeen and the bigger wage when he had the chance!

Advertisement