Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussing coffee on newstalk right now...

• 26-06-2007 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

right now... listening...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Robert Roberts coffee buyer on talking.... hardly a good sign....

That was crap enough. Briefly discussed a few different regions (Kenya, Sumatra). Mentioned Jamaican Blue Mountain in passing. Total radio filler material. ****ing Robert Roberts, like putting the fox in charge of the hen-house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They really tapped into the high end of the market there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Robert Roberts, the experts on how to boil & stew coffee since 1906. :)
    The bane of many a canteen and coffee shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I've never heard of Jamacian blue mountain, what's it like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

Its a nice enough coffee that is way over priced, I really dont see the attraction of it....better coffees out there for less money.

I've never had it, its very expensive, and actually hard to come by. It gained a lot of coverage in the 90s, and was roundly declared the best! However, subsequently it was overfarmed, and a lot of people think the quality has dropped and its now vastly overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Bewelys on Grafton St. Have it infrequently, it's about 20 euro for a quarter pound.

Cheers
    Howard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

I stupidly bought some Blue Mountain once, from that place in the Powerscourt Arcade. Paid some ridiculous amount for it, about 25 quid for a small bag... no idea what possessed me really. And needless to say it was a total disappointment - nice enough, but in the end you're only paying for the name.

I doubt there's any coffee on the planet that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

blue mountain is cheap enough if you buy from the source $17 for 1 pound of beans:)

flavour of blue mountain is so so!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Got to agree with rockbeer, having done the same thing myself. I'll stick to Java and Kenyan myself. Blue mountain isn't bad, it's just that if there is a distinctive taste to it, you need a better pallate than mine to discern it...

Sparks wrote:
    Got to agree with rockbeer, having done the same thing myself. I'll stick to Java and Kenyan myself. Blue mountain isn't bad, it's just that if there is a distinctive taste to it, you need a better pallate than mine to discern it...
    You should try some Yemen Mokha Matrar - now that has a distinctive taste.

I'd place it somewhere between cured meat and sour butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

See, this would be the difference between "distinctive" and "good" :D

Advertisement