Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby shops

Options
  • 26-06-2007 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Anyone know of shops where i can buy stuff for when my baby arrives other than mamas and papas.I live in laois so local ones would suit but would travel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭norm

bubblebaby.ie online but have free delivery at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Not very local I know, but Smyths toy shops (Naas closest to you?) have a good baby section and good value for buggies... even M&P branded ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Mothercare is good for all the equipment too. I don't know if there is one close to you?
    Here in Galway they do an information evening once a month for parents to be where they demonstrate equipment (with no pressure to buy anything there) and also have a midwife in to talk about labour and birth. I'm sure they do the same session in other branches too. I found it really useful as I hadn't a clue about car seats etc. Boots also has things like sterilisers/ bottles etc.

If you're talking about clothes etc you'll probably get so many clothes as presents you won't need to buy much at all at the start. They do go through a lot of babygros and vests etc in the early days and you'll be changing them loads so a good stock is necessary! I always bought those in Dunnes as they're pee'd, poo'ed and puked on constantly and they grow out of them while you have your back turned so it's not worth spending a fortune on them.

Advertisement