Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car - now what do i need?

Options
  • 26-06-2007 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Hi all, so, since i am now joining the world of car owners, id like to ask for some help.

im picking up my 96 almera today. all sorted.

my questions are:

im in dublin 8,

wheres a good nice mechanic in dublin if anything happens? (ie servicing etc).

where is a good cheap(ish) car store so i can buy one of those yellow steering wheel bars to fit on?

anywhere around sells decoy red flashing leds?

what else would i need for the car? ie equipment, necessary things etc?

is it standard in ireland to have reflective triangles in case of breakdown?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

anyone?

also, where would a few petrol stations be from thomas street, d8? (excluding usher's quay statoil... )

+ where can i get full car valeting done?cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

finding it all out yourself and finding what suits you best is part of the joy of motoring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,271 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Petrol - Emo station in Mount Brown (keep going up James's St, past the hospital and it's on the right. Or drive a bit further to the main South Circular Rd junction, turn right and there's a Shell (?) station there.

Red triangle a good idea, but not mandatory.

Consort (Drumcondra, Finglas East and Artane) is a good and very friendly motor factors. All on the northside though. They (or most motor factors) might have the decoy LED too.

A foot pump (or electric via cigarette lighter) is a great idea. Lidl/Aldi do them regularly - keep an eye out. Most flat tyres are caused by slow punctures, and you can usually pump the tyre up again to get back on the road. Then get it fixed at your convenience.

A toolkit is a good idea too, if you know how to do the basics. Other things - spare bulbs, a torch, a set of spark plugs and possibly a spare fuel filter. And a few rags to wipe your hands!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Spipov wrote:
    wheres a good nice mechanic in dublin if anything happens? (ie servicing etc).

If you find one of these please let me know ;)

Advertisement