Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd Wow - More like Cd OH NO!!

Options
  • 26-06-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I dont know if any of you guys have ever used cd wow before but if your thinking of it just STOP!!

I have shopped the odd time with them for the past 2 years. At the start they were dissapointing in their delivery times but cheap no doubt. You get what you pay for though!!

They have always been very slow with their deliveries but my god they've really taken the cake this time. 4 Weeks ago I bought a game and then 5 days later I bought another. I got the e-mails on 2 different days stating that they were sent (about 5 days after I ordered and paid for them) but yet I have still not received them!! I have sent them 6 e-mails and they've only replied twice. The first was the usual - "What are you order numbers" (even though they can check it themselves). The second was are you sure you gave us the right address? I said yes (i checked just to make sure). No reply since so today I rang up my bank to cancel the payments but no luck. They said it was already paid and nothing they can do.

They have not responded to anything I'm sending them so what do I do???

I suppose my only option now is to go to the Gardai about it. What do you guys think? Any help greatly appreciated by the way.

p.s. needless to say I wouldn recommend cdwow ever again!! and I'm not surprised that they had such a large law suit awarded against them recently.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

heh thanks for the heads up - i shall avoid them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Same thing. I bought several games with them over the years and had delivery within a week but I keep getting "Sorry your order has been delayed" from them lately. I have an order that was due for dispatch over a month ago and still hasnt done so. They're very slow lately. Usually when you say you havent gotten it within 3 weeks, they send a replacement. Cue two copies arriving on your door the same day. Its ridiculous you cant get a refund in these circumstances or cancel your order or pretty much do anything. Try sendit or play.com in future. They tend to treat customers a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Anything to do with this I wonder? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6700639.stm

Reminds me I must spend my €50 voucher soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

ring there call centre, they'll refund or sort out your whining.

Cop yourself on, going to guards ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I have an order that was due for dispatch over a month ago and still hasnt done so.
    I had the same thing with a DVD that I ordered on a whim a few months ago. It was in stock when I ordered and still in stock a month later yet it still hadn't dispatched...
    cancelled my order and vowed to never use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

smoc wrote:
    I suppose my only option now is to go to the Gardai about it.

Try your bank instead :). They should have a credit card charge-back department. But I've never had any problems getting refunds from cdwow and I've been ordering from them for years.

I've also experienced a lot of delays recently, the longest was about 2 months for a dvd (which I then had to cancel). Mostly with warehouse items though, new releases are pretty quick to dispatch.

They're not what they used to be I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I've stopped using CD WOW about 2 years ago after they delayed a CD by 6 weeks with no action being taken.

If you ask them for a refund they will generally do it no problems so long as the item has not been dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Ordered stuff at the start of december cause they guarnteed delivary by christmas, they failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

they send there stuff through the post, check with an post to see if they can locate the items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭smoc

zabbo wrote:
    ring there call centre, they'll refund or sort out your whining.

Cop yourself on, going to guards ffs.

Cop myself on? Well excuse me!! for being worried about my order. The last time this happend to me (long story) I ended up being robbed 550 Euro so no I wont cop on mate. More like you should stand up for yourself more if you ever get into situations like this! :cool:

CD wow actually have a call centre?????? Whats their number does anyone know? I'll have to have a search through their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

They had a major warehouse fire about a month ago, might be something to do with it.

MOH wrote:
    They had a major warehouse fire about a month ago, might be something to do with it.

I know but I bought these once they said business was back to normal. I guess they were telling the truth (if you get my drift) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 9th

smoc wrote:
    I know but I bought these once they said business was back to normal. I guess they were telling the truth (if you get my drift) :rolleyes:

Go to the guards so so, see what they say. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

smoc wrote:
    so today I rang up my bank to cancel the payments but no luck. They said it was already paid and nothing they can do.

If your bank really said that to you they are lying, they have a chargeback system for credit cards, for situations just like this. This is your best recourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I've bought far too many cds and games etc. from cdwow, but I have to say, I've never had any problems. Usually very prompt delivery. I wouldn't go to the guards just yet. You have an order number, you have proof of payment, they are obliged to fulfill the order. Just because the business is "back to normal" doesn't necessarily mean the back log isn't cleared. Probably at max capacity for weeks to clear that, while still being "normal". If you see what I mean. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

ordered a good few things off thme over the years, only thing that came within was pokemon diamond from the us!
    avoid them unless thier low prices can justife their horrendious delievery times

Update: Games still not here. Cdwow still not replying - very rude. I rang Mastercard today and they've sent me out some kind of cancellation form to fill out and return to my bank. I mean I see some of you think I'm over reacting but seriously, where do you draw the line?? 5 weeks? 7 weeks?

If they wont cooperate then i'll have to cancell the payments. If that doesn work and still wont reply then i'll go to the Ombudsman for consumer affairs. They'll tell me what to do from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I have been a happy customer of CDWow's for a couple of years. My logic - If you want fast delivery, buy the product in a shop. If you want it cheap and are not in a hurry, CDWow is fine.

I'm waiting on delivery of a game for 6 weeks now. I contacted them by e-mail (no probs) and they have said they are sending me a replacement as the original must have gotten lost in the post. The replacement has not been dispatched yet (ordered processed more than a week ago).. So I'm not a terribly happy customer at the moment.

They're definitely having logistic problems at the moment, so once my current issue is resolved, I'll hold off for a while until I hear that everything is back up to scratch.. I don't think that slow delivery or failing to respond to e-mails is a crime though (at least not in Ireland anyway..).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Re Going to the Gardai

Absolutely hilarious.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE video tape the reactions of the boys as you inform them of the seriousness of the matter.

"The public have been warned not to get involved in wasting Garda time as the penalties are serious.
    Under Section 12 of the Criminal Law Act of 1976, a person convicted of wasting Garda time could face a sentence of up to five years imprisonment."

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/1998/04/23/ihead.htm

M

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh the delivery can be terrible with them but i've never had any other problems, i ordered resi 4 off them and after 5 days it hadnt been dispactched but got an email from them saying there supplier hadnt stocked them so i just asked them to cancel the order and they did

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ordered something on the 23rd of June, not dispatched yet. Might drop them an email at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Personally I haven't had a problem with them, though the last time I bought something from them was c. April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

I received cds no problem. Their customer service told me there was a fire and it's affecting deliveries short term

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's a whole thread here about the problems people have been having lately with CD-WOW, if anyone's interested.

Advertisement