Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adverts have no sense of humour

Options
  • 26-06-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

OK so I was bad , very bad , and im very very sorry , i posted a box of matches for sale -> ooo im hitler , seriously ppl need to grow a sense of humour
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Someone is confusing Adverts with AH again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,953 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

...maybe they just don't find you funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Are the matches still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

nope, they've been snapped up quicksmart by a lucky bidder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

heh heh, just for you they are

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote:
    ...maybe they just don't find you funny?

yes im sure they don't oisin - but a regular customer - who has spent 3 + years on adverts and made a small mistake - i would think that could be overlooked dont you - lots of ppl will miss out on my future bargains !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Wow goodwins law after no replies!
    *thread descends into nonsense 9 posts ago*

• Registered Users Posts: 34,953 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

MooseJam wrote:
    yes im sure they don't oisin - but a regular customer - who has spent 3 + years on adverts and made a small mistake - i would think that could be overlooked dont you - lots of ppl will miss out on my future bargains !!

Meh. From what I've seen, adverts is a bit all over the place at the moment. Posting that kind of a thing just makes more work for the moderators.

Did you get banned or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Lol

Spankeh wrote:
    Lol

spankeh you big tart

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote:
    Meh. From what I've seen, adverts is a bit all over the place at the moment. Posting that kind of a thing just makes more work for the moderators.

Did you get banned or what?

yes i got banned lol - im very upset about it !! - help me oisin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

MooseJam wrote:
    spankeh you big tart

I hope its apple tart, I <3 apple tart especially if its an apple crumble one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Your observation that the adverts mods are doing a good job has been duly noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

MooseJam wrote:

How is posting a bollox advert a mistake? Did you fall against the keyboard?

Spankeh wrote:
    I hope its apple tart, I <3 apple tart especially if its an apple crumble one.

apple crumble mmm, warmed up mmm, with custard mmmm

6th wrote:
    How is posting a bollox advert a mistake? Did you fall against the keyboard?

6th , i have no idea what i did to offend you but i have noted you are making every attempt to chastise me , it isnt warranted

ecksor wrote:
    Your observation that the adverts mods are doing a good job has been duly noted.

nice to know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Pfft, there's a far more enjoyable Adverts bitch here.

MooseJam wrote:
    6th , i have no idea what i did to offend you but i have noted you are making every attempt to chastise me , it isnt warranted

Ah you didnt do anything, my comment is fair. *Actually I quite like you as a poster.

*Before you ask ... I'm married.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

6th wrote:
    *Before you ask ... I'm married.
    So... he'll have to be discreet?

• Advertisement

Karoma wrote:
    So... he'll have to be discreet?

And willing to share!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MooseJam wrote:
    adverts have no sense of humour
    You're surprised? You'll generally find that inanimate objects don't, or at best a very poor one.
    6th wrote:
    How is posting a bollox advert a mistake?
    Ah here, he didn't try to sell that as well, did he? :eek:

(Well, at least now I get what the reference to the matchbox in the other thread is all about! :rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I would agree, The mods take their job (Paid or not paid) to seriously i got banned from adverts for life.I hope some mod can unban after afew months as i have learnt my lesson.Please pm me :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

8000 regular active users. If they all shared their "unique humour" with us where would we be. Good ban, not sure this thread even has a point.

DeV.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think life is a bit harsh, a few months perhaps but life?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Sully wrote:

He [MooseJam] was handed a 6 month ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Sully wrote:

Yeah i would agree.Even 6 months to 1 year is fine. But life is abit extreme.Hope Spankeh can take this into consideration and reduce it for me.Guys please pray for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I didn't think Adverts were supposed to have a sense of humour.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

6 months, woah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

drdre wrote:
    Yeah i would agree.Even 6 months to 1 year is fine. But life is abit extreme.Hope Spankeh can take this into consideration and reduce it for me.Guys please pray for me :)
    What did you try to sell that earned you a lifetime ban, your sister or something?

Advertisement