Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 1.40 beta available

Options
  • 26-06-2007 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

the update has the new map included as well. A link for download and changes can be found here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Its an awfully slow download off the EA server at the moment. I should however have a mirror for the incremental soon.

[UPDATE]
    BF2142 v1.25 - v1.40 Incremental Mirror

Readme:
    PLEASE ONLY INSTALL FOR TESTING PURPOSES AND MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR FILES

=================
    XIII. UPDATE 1.40
    =================
    - Fixed an exploit that would allow commanders to call Orbital and EMP strikes before it had fully recharged.
    - The Clark RDX Shotgun can now detonate other nearby explosives.
    - EU Assault Rifle recoil and deviation have been slightly reduced.
    - Bianchi and Shuko LMGs recoil reduced.
    - Clark Shotgun rate of fire increased.

FEATURES
    - Added an autosave to kit customisations. After you customise a kit and spawn in with that kit, the customisation will be automatically saved until you change it and spawn in again. Note that you must spawn in with a particular kit for it to be saved.
    - Added a new map, Highway Tampa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

- Added an autosave to kit customisations. After you customise a kit and spawn in with that kit, the customisation will be automatically saved until you change it and spawn in again. Note that you must spawn in with a particular kit for it to be saved.

thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

what Projectm said, about bloody time. Also the clark detonating explosives, very handy. and highway tampa, since whne have we moved from europe north africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

=================
    XIII. UPDATE 1.40
    =================
    - Fixed an exploit that would allow commanders to call Orbital and EMP strikes before it had fully recharged.

Fair enough. Havent noticed it myself

- The Clark RDX Shotgun can now detonate other nearby explosives.

Nice. will come in handy - only recently started using this RDX. Fun and a nice compliment to the support HMG/LMG

- EU Assault Rifle recoil and deviation have been slightly reduced.

Thank god. I know its not just the gun but every time I play assault on the EU side, I lose any one on one firefights (if I turn a corner and meet an enemy, I shoot first, I still die even though I hit him from the first shot). Hopefully this will help me a bit!

- Bianchi and Shuko LMGs recoil reduced.

Woot \o/

- Clark Shotgun rate of fire increased.

ah feck. got seriously pwned repeatedly on Tunis harbour by some guy called 420th Gerald or something similar. He was butchering everybody with the clark shotgun. Must take a closer look at that weapon :)

FEATURES

Very nice. Will make good use of this.

- Added a new map, Highway Tampa.

A more vehicle based map. Cool. Hopefully they release some inf based ones in the future. Some more city maps along the lines of Berlin would be nice too :) . Anyone know if its Assault lines / Conquest or Titan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Have to say I like the new map, big open, flat space for tanks and walkers to get it on, brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

New map! Zomg!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I was right :p ..was released for BF2 aswell
    SeantheMan wrote:
    "Also keep your eyes to the future as this stretch of desert will see combat across two generations of Battlefield.
    "

Guaranteed to be released for BF2142 then also i should think :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Has anyone actually installed this. I heard that once its installed you can only play on the new map and that it causes way more CTD's then normall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I havent had a problem since I installed it, none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Just got 2142 today. Got this patch and there seem to be only 7/8 servers and they are almost all running the new map.
    How can I view all servers. Do I have to revert back to 1.25?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Yeah.. kinda wish I hadn't installed it now, cos can only play the 1.4 servers.. duh me! Also LOTS more crashes... still nice new map, nice saved customisations, so not all bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Is your customisation saved once you have turned off the pc and turned it back on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Yep.. I guess it's held on the server..

Speaking of customising, this happens to me alot, i go kit up my guy and all of a sudden it switches to the support guy. Has happened to me on 2 systems now. anyone get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Speaking of customising, this happens to me alot, i go kit up my guy and all of a sudden it switches to the support guy. Has happened to me on 2 systems now. anyone get this.

yep. get it a lot. in teh middle of customising and suddenly you're workin gon a different set of kit. Got used to it by now though and just click the customise button again.

Once or twice I didnt really notice (happened when I was finished and I was in a hurry) and I started the round as the wrong , non-customised , kit :(

Getting better at kill the one you want, steal kit and go find another. Havent had to reload in ages :)

by the way, any official release date on this patch ?

LoLth wrote:
    Getting better at kill the one you want, steal kit and go find another. Havent had to reload in ages :)

Love that especially in titan, placing your APMs just inside the vents. Guy gets killed by it, steal his kit plant another and let the cycle continue. Got one guy at least 6 times with his own kit in one round.

Best one that happened, planted RDX on the other side of the upstairs vents. Got killed guy stole my kit, planted an Rdx by the vent, waited on other side of the vent(my orignal RDX must've stayed there). i Came along looking down the vent threw down an rdx to detonate his, jumped down he was unaware that RDX blows up RDX, he clicked and killed himself with the orignal RDX i'd placed, brilliant stuff. Got accused of cheating and then vote kicked for hacking.

Advertisement