Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to get temporary insurance for uk car?

Options
  • 26-06-2007 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to get temporary cover on a uk reg car for about a month or two? My insurer, quinn direct, will only give full cover (i.e. new policy).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Ring up and ask for a temp transfer of insurance, give them the UK reg number and off you go. Might only cover a UK reg for a month tho.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

You can do what NeilW said on my policy, but I am fully comp and with Eagle Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I have a feeling they will say no. I rang and asked could I get a temporary cert to bring a uk car over, but they said no they dont do that, I have to open a new policy on that uk reg and then call them when I register the car.

I will ring again and ask about "temporary transfer". But if the car I'm buying is newer and more expensive (+bigger engine) I'll probably have to pay an excess, which I can ill-afford.

:mad: Quinn Direct :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

They won't give you a temp insurance cert but will to a temp transfer onto the uk reg car.
    Once the car is on Irish plates you can do a permanent transfer and then they will issue you with a new insurance cert and disc.

Neil.

Advertisement